Saturday 25 January 2020

From DavidB - more greenskins ...and wolves! (75 points)


And I'm back! I did not succeed in completing my Orc army, but I did paint up another Orc while painting some more goblins that my kids bought me.  

He is from an old box game and was painted with contrast paints. I did highlight with regular paint and had a lot fun etching off-white on the blade. All the orcs will be very tribal when completed.

I can no longer say I avoided the AoS minis as I have two complete warbands for the skirmish games. Zarbag's Gitz from Nightvault and Rippa's Snarlfangs from Beastgrave. Besides the great character sculpts, I like the modeled bases like the snotling smashed by the Fantatic above.

Not sure on the fellow roasting shrooms on his back, but Zarbag is a wizard. He will be a nice addition to the Night Goblin army.


I never did get wolf riders as I really disliked the older sculpts (the plastic wolves not the riders) These fellows are very animated and packed with detail.


I will definitely be seeing if further riders like these are available


Meanwhile, Zarbag has three archers that came with his band. My favorite is the center archer with the hood covering his eyes.



So, perhaps the Fanatics are not crazy, but merely drunkards? both bands were painted with contrast paints, but I may revisit this one and add a few washes to the wreaking ball


These plastic squigs are very characterful and are making me look twice at the newer squig models available. 

I will have to see about adding some more in the future especially if I can find some classic squig hunters.


The new gobbo additions!....


plus the netter that almost escaped!

9 foot sloggers for 45 and three fuffy cavalry for 30 = 75points!



Hu- Wolf Totem












A new band for me...was enjoying them while painting the wolf boys. They are more appropriate for White Scar spacemarines...hmmm.... white scars

***
Good work once again David.  I especially like the wolf riders and the squigs here.  Like you, the old wolf riders never did anything for me, I found them posed to two dimensional and they never looked right.  These new ones look awesome though and have a lot of sense of movement to them.  The squigs have always been amusing no matter what version, and these are no different.  Great work.

- ByronM

10 comments:

  1. Ooh, fabulous greenskins Dave! I totally agree with you and Byron about the older wolf riders, but these guys are the bomb! You've done a brilliant job with them - well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great looking orc and splendidly mad goblins!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous bunch of nutters David.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You really have nailed these

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fine green brush bomb Dave.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WAAAAAAAAAAAGH! What? Am I supposed togive somereal or constructive comments? One can feel the waagh energy and the pull of Gork and Mork oozing off these excellent Greenies! Go da Boyz!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant Gobbo's!!

    Yet again I find myself harking back to former wargaming days and comparing the older GW mini's with the new. The older one's winning out most of the time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great stuff Dave - and The Hu are splendid! Check out 'The Great Chingis Khan' - perfect for White Scars!

    ReplyDelete