Saturday 25 January 2020

From PhilH: Simple Mud Huts (10 Points)

A quick entry to tide me over.

During a recent spring clean and organise of the terrain cupboard, I found all sorts of half-finished bit, which  I dug out to apply paint over this Challenge. They have nothing to do with current projects, rather just a short diversion.


They were bought in ~2014 for my Sudan and Pulp projects, both of which have been idle for a few years. I preppe, added the curtain and door, primed and then left them in a box. Poor neglected models.


They were painted over Christmas but didn’t fancy them as my starting entry and only just got round to tapping up the post. mostly painted with different neutral emulsions.




Four huts make about half a cube, so 10 points on my tally.

***
Awesome little pieces of terrain here Phil.  They have a lot of character and the paint job looks great.  Sometimes it it the simple little things that make a big difference when wargaming, and that thing is often having nice terrain. Great work Phil!

- ByronM


19 comments:

  1. I like these Phil. I can see many uses for these, colonials, pulp, fantasy....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, they’ll come in handy when I beer off back to those projects!

      Delete
  2. I agree with Peter, this will be a solid addition to any terrain collection. Great work

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really lovely stuff Phil. The great thing is that they will fit so many different settings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent looking huts Phil! Could maybe used for a foray into the abyssinian war?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To Abyssinia with Empress? Don’t tempt me!

      Delete
  5. They are some of my favourite Hovels pieces , nice job Phil

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the manufacturer shout-out, I completely forgot.

      I wish they did a few different ones in this style, for variety’s sake

      Delete
  6. They are terrific, Phil and great addition to your Pulp and Sudan collections. I look at them and expect a witch doctor to emerge from one of of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do have a witch doctor squirrelled away in the Pulp lead pile...

      Delete
  7. Maybe simple but they sure look the part!

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great looking huts, very useful too!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete