Friday 24 January 2020

From MartinC - More for Joshua (206 points)

James' For Joshua project continues at a pace. He has asked me to paint up some more 10mm figs for him, so obviously I said yes

1st up 2 units of Dark Elves. These look nice although there were some casting issues (can't remember who James got them from). The flags are supposed to look like dark flames engulfing the moon - they do a bit

Purple robes and shiny blue capes

Next 2 units of ogres - these are massive and look great

Pendraken

Finally 3 units of skels by Pendraken. These were fantastic to paint and I really like them

Paint white, wash with brown ink and then dry brush white 

I needed some animals for the Japanese village, I can play my 1st game now

Pair of foxes, some wolves and some chickens

The wolves are the now extinct Japanese wolf

Overall 10 bases of animals

So that is 162 10mm foot at 1 point each plus flags.
The animals are trickier but there are 10 bases and I think 3 pts per base is about right. So a grand total of 192ish



That's quite a variety of figures there Martin - lovely stuff. As my wolves were scored as foot figures last year, it's only fair to use that as a guide for your wolves and foxes; the chickens I'll score as 10mm foot. With 2 points for the flags, that should give you 206 points in all.

TamsinP

15 comments:

  1. Nice work Martin, I really like those skellies. Also great looking fauna, nice of you to provide the foxes with chicken snacks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab stuff. I prefer the Dark Elves- more phalanx like :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they do look disciplined but I really like the skels

      Delete
  3. Great looking teeny tiny fantasy types and always good to see some animals!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  4. Terrific work Martin. Love the skellies and the serried ranks of the dark elves. I look forward to hearing how your first game goes off for your Japanese setup. Do you have a campaign in mind, or will they be one-off games?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 1st go tomorrow. I have an informal plan. adventures and rpg with bigger stuff trown in. Basically replaying every Kirosawa movie

      Delete
  5. That's a terrific amount of well painted lead Martin, great work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the farm animals- but you should contact PaulOG and get in on the Skully McSkullface contest!

    ReplyDelete