Thursday 12 March 2020

from RayR - Haitian Revolution - Rebel Slaves 245pts


What's this I hear you say?
A new period for Ray?
And Its nothing to do with Donnybrook or Beneath the Lily Banners?


Its all Stuart and his blogs fault, on Dust, Tears & Dice for the last few years, Stuart has been
painting up and gaming the Haitian Revolution 1791-1804. I was thinking of a new period
and seeing all his great figures got my Wargaming juices flowing!


There's only 1 company selling 25mm figures for the period and that's Trent Miniatures


So Father Christmas was told Trent minis are on my wish list last Christmas.
And he, (well Mrs R and my daughters) bought me a stack of figures!


These are the first results 4 units of 12 Rebel Slaves armed with muskets.


All based up on 25mm round bases, also included (not sure of points) are multi bases, enough
for the 48 painted figures.


All the bases on show.


I also have been collecting Fish Tank plants, for scenery and such, I cut a few into 
pieces and drilled and glued them in place. I think they work rather well?


So my first post on my first new period in a few years should give me
240 points for the figures
and whatever I get for the bases??


Monster post Ray. i'm just back from the pub where I have drinking Abolition - guest beer in the Uni local. Very nice - needed many more. These are fab and you deserve a bonus for foliage

Martin

10 comments:

  1. Boom! Lovely new period points bomb,nice work!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great figure Ray, even if your a century off your normal timeline.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous work Ray! A foray into a little known Napoleonic period. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Curt, I thought its about time I did something else. Of course the Donnybrook Saga and all things floppy shall continue!

      Delete
  5. Very nice figures and basing!

    ReplyDelete