Wednesday 29 December 2021

From RustyP - Bushwacked on Caprica - 48 pts

 "Colonel... Colonel come in.  Can you hear me?  I think the Hutt is not our friend after all... Colonel?" Message from Sgt. Corvis - Scouting Party V7V221.

Meanwhile, back on the Rogue Trader Vessel -  G00F-BA11

"Humbug Rusty, what is the meaning of this interruption?" the Colonel says as he rises in his bed, striped pajamas showing &scratching his bushy unkept hair.

Rusty replies, "Sir, so sorry for the interruption but our scouting party on Caprica seems to be in trouble."

"Trouble? Ah, what kind of trouble?"

"They were ambushed by the Hutt!"

"Ambushed?! OH Nonsense Rusty.  I just spoke to him yesterday. Come now, there must be some sort of mistake." 

 

Droids in service of the Hutt

The assassin droid is an Imperial Assault model from Fantasy Flight while the 4 other models are all 3D printed from resin.  They've been laying around with forgotten good intentions so I used them to get something going quickly.  I am not a fast painter so this was an easy start.
I used several Citadel Contrast and Scale 75 Instant Colors.  Then finished with an assortment of paints.
 

Scoring:
2 ea - 28mm foot = 10 pts
2 ea = 40mm foot (Hutt & IG Assassin) = 14 pts
1 ea = 20mm foot (little fella) = 4 pts
Planet Bonus (outer ring Caprica) = 20 pts
Total = 28 + 20 = 48 pts




The Colonel's story will continue very soon!
We game a bunch of Star Wars RPG as well as SW Legion so these will all come in handy.

_________________________________________


Haha! Great work Rusty. I love how wonderfully lurid you've made the Hutt, great colour that, and that little droid is quite the sweetheart. I must say that Star Wars Legion has certainly benefited from the whole 3D print culture as there are so many great models available for hobbyists to enjoy. I've not tried any Scale 75 paints, but have heard good things - I'll have to give them a try.

I look forward to hearing the continued adventures of Rusty along with his Rogue Trader companions on the good ship G00F-BA11.

- Curt

17 comments:

  1. Jabba looks cruel! :) The droids are great and öike the basing you have done. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It’s my lazy basing style. Just Vallejo Earth Texture paste with a dry brush.

      Delete
  2. Great stuff Rusty. What are the two droids that look like a walking beer keg and a walking IBM PC?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Peter. To be completely honest I don’t know😜. My son printed a whole bunch of droids awhile back and they came in a large group, from the thingaverse website. I liked them so I grabbed them out of the pile of shame and gave them some life. lol

      Delete
  3. Great looking Hutt and droids!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the droids and Jabba looks rather disgusting. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good work the hut is gruesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool work Rusty. Love the Jabba paintjob.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice droids and Hutt, Rusty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great models, especially the droids - love 'em.

    ReplyDelete