Saturday 22 January 2022

Jeff B (Sgt. Guinness) - Russians in Central Asia 1880's - Outer Ring - Solaris (45 Points)

Here's my first entry to Challenge #12, just under the wire, I hope. Real life has been a bit more challenging lately preventing me from doing what I would really like to do here. I'm off to a slow start and hope to continue the momentum. 





I will start with the planet Solaris, a fictional planet in a 1972 Soviet sci-fi movie about a mystery planet where the space station crew suffers from man's conflict with the unknown. Thus I present these 28mm Russian infantry figs painted in the colonial uniform for forces fighting an unknown and deceptive enemy in Central Asia 1839-1895. You see how I feebly tied that all together to scrape out an extra 20 planet points? 






These figures are the remainders to a 20 man TSATF unit I started for our Epic NWF colonial campaign, "Never Trust Anyone on the Frontier"...hmmm... more mystery and deception.  The figs are from Askari Miniatures from their Russian Colonial Range and paint up nicely. I have lots more from this range on my painting bench and hope to post more soon.



Planet Points = 20

28MM Figs: 5 x25 = 25 Points

Total: 45 Points


Cheers, Sgt Guinness 


______________________________


First, welcome to the Challenge Jeff!


Great work with these (Space?) Russians. They have a bit of the old school toy soldier look to them, which is quite wonderful. They cut quite the dash with their red pantaloons and white jackets. I look forward to seeing more of these in the future!


- Curt



17 comments:

  1. Ooh, nice. These chaps would go well in our Barsoom battles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice painting, Jeff, and welcome to the Challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicely painted... wish the Russians were indeed in central Asia these days though

    ReplyDelete
  4. They’re great. Nice to see some colonial era figures, and great to see Russians.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job with the white! I struggle with white and always admire those who can pull it off well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome and these are great. I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful brushwork Jeff. A great way to kick off!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree with Natasha: your white is very well done.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome back Jeff, just in time with some splendid figures

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good looking Russians, Jeff. Well done with the white!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love these Russians, very unusual, cracking job,
    Cheers, MikeP

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great looking colonial Russians!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  13. I had no idea "Russian Colonial" was even a "thing"! Love the stuff you learn during the Challenge. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah Greg. The whole reason the Brits kept getting their butts kicked in Afghanistan was trying to keep the Russians out! Plus early there’s a wild east period with imperial Cossacks butting heads with Central Asian horse nomads.

      Delete