Wednesday 22 March 2023

From SimonG: Wrapping Up Another Great Year

With some sadness I've come to the end of my third cycle around the AHPC quarter. It's been another great experience and a points total I'm sure I will never get any where close to again given an unexpected bonanza with my Jewish Revolt Temple Mount terrain!  


Once again I get to bless you with my ugly mug and the fruits of my labours, which included this time around ...




... The last vehicles for my 1980s Cold War Gone Hot project -- all that remains are the BAOR infantry figures (10mm camo, fiddly stuff) ...




... A smattering of vignettes to meet the needs of the AHPC XIII Studio Challenge -- luckily I have lots of shelf space to display these things ...





... More Descent and Black Rose Wars characters, always fun to try out different painting techniques ...





... And the Jews ...





... And Romans for my Jewish Revolt project along with the temple as a sample of the large terrain I worked on -- still plenty more to add for this one and I'm taking delivery of lots of other base figures to work up and add in!





It only remains to say thanks once again to my fellow Tuesday toreadors, to Tamsin for excellent minioning once again, to Lady Sarah for inspiring an exploration of the world of high fashion, to Curt for being the mastermind and ongoing inspiration for this whole shebang, and to all who participated in, commented on and overall made this another great experience -- see you all again in December!


Postscript- I forgot my Nogs, now that my Wife has them in the Kitchen, so here’s a hello from them too




32 comments:

  1. Happy to have shared the Tuesdays with you this year. Excellentg output and hope to see you again next december

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Benito. Great output and lots of good support from all of us on Tuesday. - really helps get you motivated! Thanks for all of your kind comments

      Delete
  2. You had a great challenge Simon. Your Temple Mount is amazing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Peter, now to start thinking about what to do next year!

      Delete
  3. Quite a lot of different stuff there, Simon! Nice output for a three month Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Teemu -- variety is the spice of life and so on 😃 sorry I couldn't squeeze all the terrain in (the last bits just got packed up in my new 50L RUBs!)

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. You could even say it was "Biblical" bah dum!

      Thanks Martin!

      Delete
  5. Excellent output but we need Solomons temple next year,just think of the points!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But if I do the First Temple too I need all of those Babylonians and Jeconiahn jews too -- can we make do with the Second Temple 😂

      Delete
  6. You have accomplished much this year, Simon. Your Temple Mount piece was absolutely amazing! It was great to see your work, see you in the next Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Martijn and looking forward to crossing paintbrushes with you next time too

      Delete
  7. Great looking minis, Simon. Congratulations on meeting your points target (and then some. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’d carefully planned just to meet it then Tamsin blessed me with a bucket of points - not to be repeated I suspect 🤪

      Delete
  8. Excellent output, Simon, and that Temple Mount terrain deserved all the points it was awarded. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would have hand painted the friezes for that many points 🥳 thanks again for all the support over the past three months

      Delete
  9. Some fine work this Challenge Simon. Love Noggin the Nog and chums!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ray. Noggin seems to be a fan favourite

      Delete
  10. A wonderful Challenge wrap-up, Simon. The temple is epic. Love the nogs! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Curt. Really appreciate all of your messages of support

      Delete
  11. Excellent work Simon. The Nogs are my favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great work, Simon, I loved the goats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Barks, they’ll be keeping an eye on you until AHPC XIV

      Delete
  13. Loved your stuff Simon hope to see you next Challenge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sander -- looking forward to it and already starting planning

      Delete
  14. I'm glad you remembered the Nogs, I thought they were wonderful! Great work Simon, that Pucci print still stands out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Tom, and the Nogs say thanks too!

      Delete
  15. Great work Simon, all lovely stuff, although the Cold-War-Gone-Hot does particularly call to me. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Greg. For some reason I can only manage so much small scale khaki at a time but I do like the end results 😃

      Delete
  16. Grand work, Simon! I especially liked your Jewish Revolt project both figures and terrain....now get cracking on the residential and market sections! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. While that sounds like a great idea David it would mean digging down below the level of the current temple mount sections which sounds like a bit too much --- I do have another terrain location in mind for next year however, so keep a look out for that!

      Delete