Friday 23 February 2024

From KentG: 28mm ECW Parliamentarian cavalry plus a couple peasants union generals (pts 130)

This week has been an interesting one Covid in the house did end up 

Eating into my time, thought if I isolated in the painting room I could
Spend more time but that doesn’t seem to work in the real world
So the following is a mix of minis


First up 3 28mm Perry union generals








Another couple of 3D printed 28mm figures from 
the peasant set by Wargames Atlantic



This young lady looks like she is thinking
do not mess with me I've had a bad day
either she has stolen a pillow or a bag of wheat



This is the last of the 28mm Warlord games cavalry I have
 except for a couple of figures I might base be themselves 
even though they are a pretty basic sculpt they still look cool



the banner was just copied off the free banners on the Warlord site

One more figure a single cav that was left over





            Points

            2 x 28mm foot 5pts each = 10pts
            9 x 28mm cavalry 10pts each = 90pts 
            3 x 28mm union cav 10 pts each 30pts
                                                          Total 130pts

From Millsy: Boo! Hiss! More horrible regicides! Maybe they'll pick up a dose of COVID and stay home instead of chasing the rightful King around with murderous thoughts in their heads. Very nice brushwork all around here Kent and the basing on the generals really sets them off a treat. I like the way you've set up the grazing horse so it looks like it is snacking on the flowers!

25 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Barks, At one stage I didn't think I'd scrape together much at all.

      Delete
  2. Excellent figures and hope all is well in the home front.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everything is pretty much back to normal, I managed to keep my long running streak of no covid yet going. And thanks

      Delete
  3. Great work, love the general reading - is he checking his map, questioning his orders or getting his market updates on his IPad? Good luck with COVID, it’s a real time sink.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are covid free, and I think he's actually been time traveling with his ipad, last look before the battery runs out

      Delete
  4. An interesting mix of wonderfully painted and based figures. Hope your Covid experience is short and recovery is quick.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your painting- great collection of horse flesh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers, I sure have done a lot of horse in this Challenge, undercoated another 48 in the weekend

      Delete
  6. Great painting and I like the free-verse stylings of your post, very e.e. cummings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dallas, I always muddle my way through with the post not sure what I'm doing

      Delete
  7. Yes great painting ! I really like the "Peasant with flail" !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have one more figure to paint from the peasant set and they are completed, it's a really nice set

      Delete
  8. Nice mix Kent, bet wishes with Covid

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, looks like I've managed to stay covid free which is great, haven't had it yet, been back to painting like a madman again

      Delete
  9. Lovely work Kent, hope you and yours are feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Paul, Carolyn's feeling much better and I didn't get it, so I just keep on painting.

      Delete
  10. Very nice work Kent, love the bag lady!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emjenic, I wanted to make her a little dark and mysterious, where did you get the bag from and why are you dressed in black with a knife.

      Delete
  11. Beautiful figures! I love the slightly washed out colours you've used with the peasants, and particularly your horses. I'm going to ask about the colours you use when we chat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy to give you the triads on the horses

      Delete
  12. Brilliantly done! I really like that vibrant blue of the Union general!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Sanders, I have a bunch more to do, I did a massive comisson a few years back where I mixed up a huge pot of the base color painted about 400 infantry with it let along all the rest so I know this blue quite well.

      Delete