Sunday 19 March 2017

From JohnSh: Four more archers and a triple arterial repair (20 Points)

It has been an exciting couple of weeks of challenge for me, in fact I am taking it as proof that I CAN'T die until all my miniatures are painted. These four miniatures were finished a few weeks ago before I got rushed into Intensive Care with a Dissecting Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm. Some people will do anything to get out of painting, won't they?

So, emergency surgery, three stents and a graft later I am home recuperating, maybe even painting a bit soon.


These are the last four archers I needed to complete the unit I started with my last submission.


Still not sure what make they are but I particularly like the chap on the left with the cap and the bow held horizontally.

Anyway, that's my last entry for the year, once again nowhere near the total I was aiming for but I have been a little distracted. Thanks Curt for organizing again and thanks to minions Alan and Paul for your sterling work (and bringing me Anzac bickies to aid in my recovery). 

Cheers all.
John (slowpainter)

_________________________________

Whoa, that's pretty heavy stuff John. Well, I'm glad you're on the mend, that 'little holiday from the brushes' sounded pretty serious indeed.  So yes, I suggest setting up an automated revolving purchase program with you favourite hobby shop and living forever. :)

Nice looking archers. I did some of these a few years ago for my Normans and agree, the guy with the gangsta bow is the coolest of the batch.

Well done, sir, and keep well. I want to see you out with us next year, thank you very much.

5 comments:

  1. All the best John. I'm certain painting is THE best way to recover :)

    Cheers and take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to hear you're recovering from the emergency surgery John - that must have been a bit scary for you.

    Nice work on the archers :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice archers John - and congrats on the successful test against your CON on the bypasses.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best wishes for s swift recovery.

    ReplyDelete