Sunday 19 March 2017

From SimonM: "Warlord Games" Martha Jones (6 Points)

"Who Are You, Then? Some Sort of Dalek?"
This 28mm scale "pewter" model of the medical student, Martha Jones, is produced by “Warlord Games” and forms part of the five-miniature strong "Tenth Doctor And Companions" boxed set. "Recognised for her skills both in the field and in medicine" by both the paranormal military organisation U.N.I.T. and Torchwood, the "bona fide expert on alien life" was first seen in the March 2007 BBC television story "Smith And Jones".

Martha Jones WIPs - The medical student was painted over the space of a couple of days
Initially undercoated with a double coat of "Vallejo" Charred Red, the time traveller's shoes were picked out with a combination of Heavy Sienna and "The Army Painter" Strong Tone Quickshade, whilst her 'faded' jeans were painted with Heavy Warmgrey and "Citadel" Drakenhof Nightshade. I then applied a thick wash of Agrax Earthshade to Martha's leather jacket and used Doombull Brown for her flesh. Finally, her earrings, necklace and bracelet were delicately 'picked out' using some Ironbreaker and a touch of Nuln Oil. 


Tamsin: I did hope I'd get to act as minion for one of your posts Simon and it appears that I now have that chance. I think you've captured Martha's look really well - great work! As I understand it, Warlord's Doctor Who figures are somewhat larger than 28mm (presumably so that other unofficial ranges can't be easily used with them) so I'm going to score her as halfway between 28mm and 40mm.

8 comments: