Saturday 21 December 2019

From MilesR - Three Napoleonic Russian Generals (24 Points)

 A bit slap-dash, but my first entry for Challenge X is 3 Russian generals from the Napoleonic period.  These chaps are the standard generic officers we all employ on the tabletop to convey are orders to the troops.


These are from AB miniatures and are 15mm in scale.  AB makes what I consider the finest 15mm (ok really 18mm) scale figures and it's is somewhat a crime to have them painted by a personage of my dubious skills.  Still these Gentlemen will do yeoman's service on the tabletop and will join my growing Russian Force.

2019 has seen me really embrace Napoleonic gaming and I'm very fortunate that my club is similarly inclined.  I suspect you'll see a lot 18mm Nappy themed stuff during the Challenge as I prepare for my next set of convention games this summer at Historicon.
What's the topic for the 2020 game?  Well 2019 saw Napoleon successfully invade Great Britain (winning 4 out 5 times I ran the game) so the only logically next step is to see that Cosrican Ogre attempt to re-po Lousianna.  I wonder how he will fare when pitted against combined armies US General Jackson and Lord Wellington, commander of the BEF - the famed British Exile Force.......

Oh there might be some Russians and Spanish involved too because why the hell not.  Oh and Native Americans, lots of those also.  And Jean Lafitte and his Pirates.   Oh my.

Strictly historical fare, of course.

______________________________________________

As has become Challenge tradition, every year I know Miles will be right on my heels with his own opening salvo. Well here he is in all his early-bird glory. Well done Mr. Reidy!

I totally agree with you Miles, AB stuff is the bees knees and such a joy to paint. I think you've done them proud with your late night efforts. I especially like the fellow waving his bicorne. I look forward to seeing this project develop over the next few months as I'm sure it will involve all manner of troops, ships and terrain. Knowing the quality of Miles' previous Historicon games this one will be a real corker.

As to points, I know in past we've scored 18mm ABs as 20mm so we'll go with 24 points for the trio. 

Welcome to the scoreboard Miles!

-Curt


13 comments:

  1. Lovely trip of mounted officers!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  2. Generals, they are numerous and good for little. Pretty though

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice looking generals Miles. I’ve never painted AB figures but did my share of Battle Honours back in the day when Tony still ran and designed BH, and they were the best back then.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice looking command figures. They look like they are ready to throw wave after wave of infantry at the oncoming French, so hopefully there are some troops to follow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very well done Miles! I‘m sure these fine chaps will lead your forces to glorious defeat... errr victory of course!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would like an 18mm Napoleonic force or five, but there are so many shiny things! Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. AB are beautiful, and you do them justice, Miles.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I "may" have gone crazy on E-bay and purchased a bunch of pre-painted Russian infantry and cav so have a sizable force ready for deployment but the lack in officers, artillery and transport. On the other hand, I somehow received a large order of AB Russian AB artillery pieces, crews and generals......

    Thanks for the kind comments

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice work on the wee generals, Miles! I'm going to have to place Historicon on my bucket list just to see the games you prep! that is enough gushing on the green and lace officers....get to painting my ancestors!

    ReplyDelete