Saturday 21 December 2019

From TeemuL: Endless Spells (20 points)

Two Age of Sigmat Endless Spells to start my challenge.



Both of these were quick to paint using Citadel Contrast paints, very good for this kind of textured models.



There's texture paints on bases and some bright yellow powder from Hasslefree to tie them to my Sylvaneth force. I don't have any wizards yet, but I guess that it can quickly change.


 Suffocating Gravetide



 Emerald Lifeswarm



The Gravetide doesn't necessarily be the first spell to associate with Sylvaneth, but my Sylvaneth are angry warriors of Ghyran, having fo decades against Nurgle in their forests, now changed to swamps and muds after long fights.



I don't know about points, they are not really models and not really terrain either. I leave the scoring to the judge. The bases are 65x40 and 165x85, if that helps in scoring.

Next I need to take a look at the map and see where to land on that Squirrel infested island...


________________________

It's funny, when I first opened this post and glanced at the pictures I thought Teemu had submitted an entry featuring of some kind of Scandinavian Christmas haute cuisine. :)


Very cool spell-effect bases, Teemu! I'm no fan of AoS (bring back the Old World!), but I do admire all the support GW has put behind the game and these really illustrate that very well. I especially like the swarm of dragonflys - that is very well done.

Let's count these as two as 28mm cavalry and see how that fits going forward.

Well done Teemu and welcome back to the Challenge!


________________________________

Now you'll have to excuse me for a little while, I'm taking most of the evening off so Sarah and I can see the new Star Wars at one of those fancy-schmancy sit-in-a-couch-and-order-drinks-theatres. I'm SOOO excited! Pew! Pew!!


11 comments:

  1. A great start to the challenge. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really impressive 3d spells!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is "lovely" really the right word? Excellent work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great work on these, I like the idea of using models to represent the spell effects.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great work on these strange figures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done, they look suitably creepy as well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice work, Teemu! I like the spell effects of AoS just because it reminds of the old days of running battle lines away from the creeping vortex template! ;) grand brushwork on these though, I like the tsunami of dragonflies.

    ReplyDelete