Tuesday 5 January 2021

From DrQ: The Ork Pit (95 points)

 WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!

We have come to the Orc Ork Pit, and given how this challenge is going there's no other choice for me here but to paint up some more of my Assault on Black Reach boyz. Fifteen boyz to be exact:


I've watched several speed and batch painting videos on how to paint efficiently the mound of plastic that comprises a 40k army of Orks. They all recommend working in batches of five to ten models. After my earlier batch of five, I decided to deviate from that advice and paint fifteen in one go. But, fifteen was definitely too many; I can see why folx recommend a smaller count. 

Regardless, I how have a total of twenty ork boyz completed this challenge—only another ten until I have a full unit (though I'll probably run these with nobz, tankbustas, rokkit launchas, and big shootas in their actual ranks).

As far as points this is 95: 20 for the area challenge and another 75 for the fifteen 28mm figures. From here I'm off to the Guardroom, where I don't plan on painting orks. 


Victim #6*...welcome, welcome...

Nice boyz, DrQ! and 95 points it is.

Tamsin



*Alex and Scott don't count as "victims" as I missed them earlier.

7 comments:

  1. Red ones go faster too! Love me some Orks! Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terrific looking Boyz, DrQ! I like the rusty choppas and the post-apoc groundwork.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is shaping up to be a formidable looking force.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Splendid looking orks!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great looking mob of boyz. Keep them coming.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely colours, particularly the rust.

    ReplyDelete