Tuesday 5 January 2021

From IanS - 15mm Glengarry Militia (40 points)


As usual I am painting for my children and not for myself.  My son 21 is a great WW2 painter but when it comes to more colourful subjects well the best not said.  So his Christmas present was a Napoleonic 15mm army set in the Americas in 1812.  The other army I am doing is an ancient Indian army for my daughter, all three of us are active members of the Farnbough wargaming club in the UK. The club had a review this month in Miniature Wargaming magazine, and I am the large person with glasses and balding sitting down looking perplexed.  I remember that game as my cavalry got surrounded by infantry, not a one off occurrence.



                                          1st Battalion Glengary Militia (x20 15mm figures)

               

Victim #5...

 Nice work on these militia chaps. 40 points coming your way.

Just a quick note - please do include a post title (in your case: From IanS - (scale) Title (points being claimed) and also add some labels to help with searches. I've added them for you this time, but other minions may decide to revert your post to "draft".

Tamsin     

6 comments:

  1. Nice work on the Glengarries Ian, a must have for any War of 1812 battlefield,

    ReplyDelete
  2. How great having both your kids involved in gaming. I managed 1 game with my two youngest daughters a few years ago, and its not likely to be repeated!
    Excellent looking figures too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My daughters first introduction was a naval game she was on my side and what a surprise when one of my ships recieved fire from one of hers. Two of the long standing members of the club had convinced her that it was ok to shot at me.
    To be truthful nothing has changed in the last 3years she has been playing.

    Even worse my sons girlfriend also plays, my wife feels lonely at times when we all go off to play.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great looking militia! My daughter has already beaten me at a game, she was delighted!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete