Tuesday 5 January 2021

From DaveS - ACW 15mm (80 points)

 Like seemingly everybody else on the internet, I received a sprue of the new Warlord 15(ish)mm ACW models with my copy of Wargames Illustrated.  It's a period I've dabbled in, with a sharp practice force, but never really done much more with.  But free stuff is free stuff, and I am starting to move more and more of my plans to smaller scales.

I painted these up as Union troops, simply because everybody else in my group seems to be planning confederates (see Tom Godson's post).  They are a relatively quick job, and I've only done 2 stands of them, because, well Squirrel.  So here are 40 of the little guys, which should net me another 80 points I believe, and also, a second squirrel point.





And victim #12 walks into my lair!

Nice, neat work on these Dave. Personally, I'd have gone with black or very dark grey for the hats, but the blue looks good.

80 points added to your tally.

Tamsin

14 comments:

  1. Great job on these Dave, especially the faces and moustaches! At a glance I took them as 28mm figures. Super clean lines and shading on the faces for 15mm. All you guys are weakening my resolve to get into ACW...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. That's really kind, and from you, a real compliment.

      Delete
  2. Nice work Dave - tell me (since Warlord, like, doesn't like to give out basic information on these figures), is there just the one sprue to be used for either Confederate or the Union side?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I dont knownis the honest answer, since I only have it free from the front of the magazine. I can say, however, that all of the copies I have seen, from lots of places, all have the same sprue, so I've not seen a different one yet.

      Delete
  3. Nice looking Union troops!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice looking troops Dave! While personally I too would have gone down the Confederates route it's nice to see some chaps in blue. As Tamsin though I'd maybe have set off the hats in black.. and being a sucker for punishment I'd probably also painted the visors of the kepis in black.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like how these strips look. I hope Warlord does some more to reflect the different campaigns and periods of the war. It didn't take long for he Union to be fairly standardized in sack coat/shell jacket and kepi.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are lovely Dave, neat and punch colours and the shoulder to shoulder strips look the business.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great work. The blues look nice and vibrant.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job, first time I've seen these done as Union
    Regards KenR

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, these are smashing! I shall be attacking my sprue next week, I think.

    I now have a sudden urge to go with black or very dark grey for their hats, too...

    ReplyDelete