Tuesday 5 January 2021

AlanD - A Project Finished? (55 Points)

 

These ten figures are the last of my big Covid pile of 3rd Century Romans from A&A Miniatures. To help me deal with depression and heartbreak in 2020 I succumbed to a long-held desire to make a Roman army for the mid-late C3rd. I based most of the figures on multi-bases to get that nice mini diorama feel, and originally planned to base them for Soldiers of Rome, the interesting set of rules from Warwick Kinrade. However, as I went along and Infamy! Infamy! came out, I made a couple of units individually based to use with those rules. Finding I had some figures left over, I based them individually on square bases so that I can extend the frontages of the bases for Soldiers of Rome to make my army easily useable for other games like Impetus as well.

Anyway, they're done! Or at least until I decide I really need some more cavalry, or more units so that I can morph the army into one led by the Tetrarchs at the very beginning of the fourth century... 

Here's the army in all its glory. Roma victrix!




Ave Imperator! 
What a treat for this to be my primo minioning duty for AHPC XI.

A great conclusion to a super looking army! As part of your Triumph, 
I award you the golden 5 point Torc of Handpainted Shields and Vexillum. Wear it with pride Dominus!

Cap'n Wednesday

16 comments:

  1. A great conclusion to a phenomenal project. Having watched your Cecil B. deMille production over the last 12 months, I'm sure its incredibly satisfying to finish it off. Cant wait to see them on the table in person mate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully done Dux, these look fabulous. I especially like the widescreen army shot. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's....a...lot...of...Romans. I mean, there must be a C of the buggers. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a grand collection of Romans, Dux! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Splendid looking Romans! Terribly impressive!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, you think it's finished, but is it really?
    An inspiring collection! (So far...)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on finishing the project ....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on finishing. Your Romans are wonderful and you should be very proud of them. I want to see pics of them in action.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That group shot is Impresive.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice work Alan, your entire force looks ready to slaughter Romes enemies.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely stuff...but come on, "finished"? Does that even happen? I think you need some more cavalry...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Now that's a bit impressive! Love to see such a big force of 3rd century Romans

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well done. Are projects ever really finished, or are they just biding their time?

    ReplyDelete
  14. That army shot is gorgeous! Hope 2021 is better to you.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great stuff lovely to see the whole army done
    Regards KenR

    ReplyDelete