Tuesday 5 January 2021

From MartinC - Chamber of Darkness (25pts)

 Penultimate one today 

I've never painted grey scale, although MartinN's Vietnamese are still engrained on my brain as the best painting I've ever seen. So to say I was intimidated is an understatement. I was tempted to paint a figure normally and photgraph it in black and white.

So I dug around the spares box and found a US Paratrooper (Artizan I think but another lucky bag find). He seemed appropriate as he would have planned to fight at night. The white base puts him at Bastogne



I'm really pleased how this came out. I basically painted it black and then added lighter shades of grey, mainly dry brushed


May do more of these, but not Landsknechts

Scores 5+20 = 25


Penultimate for today, #13? You mean there's another after this? *sob*

You're right - it is an Artizan figure. Nicely done on the greyscale, and another 25 points for you.

Tamsin


17 comments:

  1. Great looking Artizan greyscale figure!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  2. A decent greyscale figure, Martin. I'm having real problems with this Chamber - maybe you've given me an idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good entry .... I like your write up about the challenge of painting this. How about a mix and match Challenge for you- zombie Landsknecht in greyscale?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. cheers, I think you may be insane. Keep it up

      Delete
  4. Nice work Martin and thanks for the very kind words!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, the words are well deserved, when ever I talk about the challenge you are part of the conversation

    ReplyDelete
  6. Terrific work Martin. It uses a different part of the brain working in greyscale - well done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good work on the greyscale!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Top effort on that Martin, really nice greyscale
    Regards KenR

    ReplyDelete