Tuesday 5 January 2021

From MartinC - United Aquebusiers of Benetton (48pts)

 A man can only paint so much brown before he needs to reset his retina. I do have another project to pass away the evenings. I have a load of 10mm 16th Century Italian wars figures. Yip I'm painting 10mm Landsknechts. It the honourable way to concede the race to the top in January. I impulse bought 1000 figures on ebay but they were all infantry so I got a load of cavalry and artillery for Christmas

I've started with Landsknecht aquebusiers (clue in the title). The title came from Dennis on the chat, although the Duchy of Benetton would be a nice imagiNation


So I have painted 48 of the little buggers. They are in bases of 4 and as I'm planning to use Kings of war rules 2 of these will make a troop. It means that a horde sized pike block can be a square. There are many pike blocks to follow. I have a neat idea for battles. Set the terrain, decide the defenders and attackers and then get the opposing generals to bit for the various mercanary units before the battle starts.


They were fun to paint, get a primary colour and paint random parts of each figure, then get a new colour and get back to the start. The hard part is getting the back to match the front, but who really cares with 10mm Landsknechts.


So 48x10mm infantry = 48pts

To follow will be loads of Chamber posts as I've done a level. Either tonight or tomorrow. Depends if I want to wear out the cabin crew



Victim #13? So many today, that I've lost track.

Cracking work on these tiny handgunners and 48 points in the bag.

Tamsin

18 comments:

  1. I like these guys Martin. Good luck on maintaining your level of output on that project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeez, better get my eyes checked... tiny gems, every one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice change from brown and always good to see more landsknechts, even teeny tiny ones!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look great - but over 1,000 of the little buggers - that's a lot - I need to get painting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. cheers, it not many points though. luckily I have the turks

      Delete
  5. Nice work on the tiny guys, Martin. Very effective, both in the mass and as individuals.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love painting Landsknechts and am always happy seeing someone else take up the brush with them. Terrific work Martin. Check out 'Furioso' for rules, they're great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great looking little minis. Your work never fails to impress.

    ReplyDelete
  8. 10mm Landsknechts, you are a brave man!
    Regards KenR

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great work Martin, inspiring stuff.

    ReplyDelete