Tuesday 5 January 2021

From JonathanO: Ancient Assyrian Slingers (45 points)

As well as finding models to paint to complete the tour of the Chambers of Challenge,  I am trying to make some progress on a few different projects.  One of these projects is completing painting up my collection of old 25mm ancient Assyrians.






These miniatures are well over 30 years old and are by Hinchliffe.  They are based on 120mm frontage skirmish unit bases for use with Impetus, Sword & Spear and To The Strongest rules. 

Hopefully, there will be a few more old school miniatures for this project later in the challenge.

For points that should be 9 infantry at 5 points each = 45 points.

In my Race to 800 Points duel with ScottM, I am still trailing him by a long way: 326 to 203


Another victim coming back for more!

I've always wanted an Assyrian army, so I was rather shocked at myself when I bought Nubians and Sea Peoples as my first "biblical" era forces.

Lovely work on these old Hinchliffe figures and 45 more points towards your target.

Tamsin

13 comments:

  1. Old timey figures but very nicely painted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coming down like wolves on the fold! Very nice and very nostalgic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Evan. I do like the old 25mm figures.

      Delete
  3. Nice work Jonathan, I reckon more than 40 years rather than 30 years

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Paul. Yes they for sure first came out over 40 years ago.

      Delete
  4. Great looking old school Assyrians!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nicely painted Assyrians. And despite being (seemingly) monopose I quite like their look. You can see how 25/28mm evolved from 20mm as they are way more naturally proportioned.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful brushwork Jonathan! I like the chunky basing as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice looking band of skirmishers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. They've come out well! I like the arid groundwork!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Proper old skool blast from the past.
    Regards KenR

    ReplyDelete