Tuesday 5 January 2021

From KyleC - Swans vs Geese - (60pts)

So yeah.. Here is Squirrel entry #6? And a mega squirrel entry if ever there was one. But a bit of back story here..

One of our club mates (back when going to the gaming club was a thing... Remember those times.. Good Times..) had shared this meme with his kids..

And apologies if it offends anyone but it pertains to the models coming up.. Promise 😂 

So his kid asked all these questions about the Canadian F**King Goose and why it would be so terrible and killer and after some googling have so many Memes about them.

Now he being a gamers kid he is actually now quite enthralled with the Canadian Goose and has begun to made a ruleset for them! Call is tentatively called Honk (trademark pending, all distribution rights need to go through his mother) and a suitable opponent for the Goose is the English Swan. 

Now to where I come in. Being new to 3D printing and overly hyped of having one, and his father knowing this, they asked if I could help source, and print a few for them.

Enter the models.. 

6 English Swans vs 6 Canadian Geese resized to fit into 28mm scale on 28mm based. 😂

But I couldn't just provide him the prints.. What kind of Canadian would I be if I didn't at least try to paint the Geese myself!!!

Having a late night Google search, a primed airbrush, and sleepy eyes I made a go at them. And I think they came out well enough in the end?

Vs the easier to paint English Swans.. 

Where I probably spent more time on the bases than them in total! 😂

All in though an easy 60pts (12*5pt models) here. I had considering keeping them ready for the security team, as the Canadian Geese would be excellent guards. More professional than some I reckon 😂

Hope you enjoy these Squirrel endeavour models... Now back to the War of the Roses rank and files.. 




Come in victim #8. Ahh, a pleasure to see you returning to the fold, Kyle!

Canada Geese and English Swans - two of the most vicious and dangerous birds in existence. That being said, the Australian Emu may be worse - they defeated the Australian Army after all!

60 points added to your tally.

Tamsin

18 comments:

  1. Nice work on these viscous waterfowl Kyle. Canada geese are a menace and I had to be careful cycling through them on my way to work, back when I could go to work. However, do not mess with an English Swan they are a whole other level of nastiness!

    As an aside my UK step mother complains about the Canadian geese imported to the UK. I’ve offered to trade the geese in the UK for the imported species the Brits brought to Canada starting with the rats.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...and well, you could argue, the Brits themselves. ;)

      Delete
  2. This is hilarious. Canada Geese are awful creatures, and the hunters who ventilate them perform a public service!

    Also - excellent painting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’m supporting the swans :) an excellently odd little project!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really great looking birds Kyle! Lovely paint jobs on them, they look lifelike. I am with Greg on the hunting though, mmmm, they make great eating! As a kid we always had Canadain Goose on thanksgiving. Any chance you can let me know where the STL file was from? I would love to do up a bunch of my own, as I am sure Curt will as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure. I found it on Thingiverse just look up goose. The file has a demolition version and a heart in mouth version also. The original file was made for FDM, and is really large BTW. Had to resize it a few times to make it work here. And thanks for the comments! Once I printed it I had to paint them even if I was not keeping them with me.

      Delete
    2. So awesome - well done Kyle. Put me down for a copy of 'Honk'. I'm going to give that file a go on my printer...

      Delete
    3. Yeah will be interesting to read them when they arrive. Though I have been told not to expect too much as he is Ten :)

      Delete
    4. 10 would be about right from the 'quality' of most published rulesets out there. He'll be golden. :)

      Delete
  5. Great looking geese and swans, I remember a colleague of mine going to the park with his dog, killing a Canada goose and then taking it home and feeding it to the dog ,who then looked at geese in a whole new way,colourful chap,who youdidn'twant to cross!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant stuff! FWIW Aussie aren't particularly concerned about anything that flies apart from mozzies and bloody magpies which are seriously evil and vindictive creatures... https://www.magpiealert.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you feed your local magpies, they'll leave you alone - they live for over 30 years and never forget a kindness. OR FORGIVE AN INSULT.

      Delete
    2. Speaking of not forgiving, there are people in these parts that would shoot you if you fed a local magpie. I hate the blighters.

      Delete
    3. The magpies? Or the people who feed them?

      Delete
  7. Having seen all manner of monsters, demons and killers in the challenge, I never thought anyone would paint anything so terrifying. Lovely work on these.

    ReplyDelete
  8. In 40 years of gaming I've never felt the need for a group of Swans and Canadian Geese 😁 i didn't know I needed them till now !
    Regards KenR

    ReplyDelete