Tuesday 5 January 2021

From JonathanO: USS Tyler - The Aquifer (25 points)

 My entry for the Aquifer location is a 1/1200 scale US Civil War vessel.  This is the timber clad paddle steamer gunboat, USS Tyler.  


The USS Tyler was converted from a commercial vessel and was commissioned in 1861. It was initially armed with 6 x 8" guns and a 32pdr.  It saw action throughout the war including bombardment during the battle of Shiloh and the search for and engagement with the CSS Arkansas.




The model is from Navwar and I do not recall why it was in my one of my boxes of unpainted models.  The last time I remember doing a ship model was building Airfix WWII models as a kid.  I really enjoyed doing this little model and could be tempted to do more model ships in the future.

It is based on a 60mm x 30mm MDF base.  I am guessing at 5 points plus the 20 bonus for the Challenge location.



Aha! Another willing victim.  Now, let's see...you must be #9.

I've always had a soft spot for paddle-steamers. 25 points winging their way onto your tally sheet.

Tamsin

8 comments: