Tuesday 5 January 2021

From Barks: Trapped in the spiders' lair (48 points)

Come, brave adventurer- step into the lair and see if you can find what became of your comrades...





There's a few things going on here: spiders from Reaper Bones, simple cobweb markers from Thingiverse, and the webbed adventurers, pits, and useful clip-together modular rocky wall sections are all from Printable Scenery. The pits are on 100mm bases, the spiders on 25, and the swarms on 30mm. The mat is from Cigar Box.

The spiders and swarms are Contrast Templar Black over white. The walls are grey and white drybrushing over black. I really should have gone for the monochrome Chamber...






I petition for 8 points for the spiders, 20 points for the scenery, and 20 points for the Hall of Traps.

Skull-o-meter™: 1


-------

Nicely done Barks - that is creepy as hell. I love the atmospheric 'view through the hole in the wall' shot too!  A great collection of mischief

Cap'n Wednesday

18 comments:

  1. Great looking greyscale, sorry, trap entry, I'm surprised at the low scull count to be honest!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some nice detail in these pieces, Barks. I especially like the piles of scrabbling spiders! Just as well you're counting skulls not legs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe a leg challenge? Cavalry have six, how about an elephant with a howdah?!

      Delete
  3. Creepy work Barks. Love the first shot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Peter, I need a bigger spider leg!

      Delete
  4. Those are lovely in a make your skin craw sort of way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice work Barks, good job I'm not aracnophobic

    ReplyDelete
  6. "This hallway seems completely safe. I don't think anything could go wrong..."

    ReplyDelete
  7. Terrific work Barks. Very atmospheric (I just finished Shelob's bit in reading LotR). I love the webs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember going to see RotK on a date- she almost squeezed my hand off when Shelob came out!

      Delete
  8. Yeah, nope. That's not somewhere I'd ever like to go. Nice work, but a little too creepy for me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thats fantastic mate, love all the little details
    Regards KenR

    ReplyDelete