Saturday 5 March 2022

From Codsticker: Yet More Rohirrim and Orcs (75 pts)

After a brief hiatus from posting (Real Life can be a drag sometimes) I have returned with my LoTR rehab project: Mordor Orcs and mounted Rohirrim.



Most of the Orcs in this batch are archers - not as nice as the Orcs with hand weapons IMO. There are just two pose which is a bit limiting. I am under the impression that there are some Orcs with bows that were released in metal at one point; I may try to pick a few up for variety.


These Rohirrim, like the ones posted previously, came primed black and in disrepair: two horses broken off at the fetlock, the axe was broken and the sword is actually from Conquest Games' Norman Knights set.


Shit's about to get real for these Orcs!

So, points wise that is:
7 x 28mm foot figures at 5 pts each = 35 pts
4 x 28mm mounted figures at 10 pts each = 40pts

Total = 75 pts.

From Millsy:

More great looking LotR material Rob! I have thoroughly enjoyed the brushwork you've shared with us this year not least because you've done such a wonderful job rescuing minis that were much the worse for wear. Once again I find myself really impressed by your smooth, convincing metals, earthy palette and realistic horseflesh.

Well done once again and 75 points added to take you even further beyond your initial target. Nice!

PS. Of only they'd had Eomer yell "Shit's about to get real for these Orcs!" at some point during the films.

11 comments:

  1. Millsy has summed its up nicely, and like him I'v enjoyed seeing what you've produced. Lovey colours on those orcesesseseseses

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great, I always love seeing models brought back from being mistreated or abandoned.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to see these old ones getting repaired and painted, Rob!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It’s the horses for me! You’ve made them absolutely majestic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great looking rehab results.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful rehab on worthy figures. Love the posing in terrain too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning brushwork Rob. I have a few of those Rohirrim with the same fetlock snap (a common problem with these I understand). YOu've done a beautiful job rejuvenating them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Splendid renovation on the horses, lovely finish throughout!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete