Monday 7 March 2022

From David V - 6mm Galahad G.E.V.'s (From SJG's Ogre) (Klendathu) (36 points)



Additions to my growing forces for Ogre Miniatures, the 6mm scale miniatures wargame based upon Steve Jackson's Games' 45-year-old board game.

The Paneuropean "Galahad" G.E.V. (Ground Effect Vehicle) is my favourite type of  "armour unit" in the Ogre game universe. Something about these jet jockeys zooming in at 200 kph, then zooming out again to try and avoid the Ogre's weapons (two moves per game turn!). This entry is a squadron of such fast attack vehicles. I went with a traditional Paneuro blue paint scheme. 





After assembly, I primed all the units with GW Chaos Black, and laid in flat white zenithal highlighting with an airbrush. The base blue of the G.E.V.s consisted of several washes of GW Drakenhoff Nightshade. I then laid in highlights and details with oil paints, and did some light weathering with oils, acrylics, and powders. 

The relative size of the Galahad G.E.V. is shown against a Heavy Tank, and my Combine Ogre Mark V. Some more Paneuro vehicles, artillery, and a Fencer (Ogre), are in queue for the Challenge. 



(8 x 2) points of 6mm or 1:300 scale G.E.V.s are a modest 16 points. Add 20 points for Klendathu, an Invasion Gone Bad. Some of the classic scenarios from the game I remember playing include Raid and Ceasefire Collapse, deep, fast movements of luftpanzer forces that ultimately did not prevent the rise of the A.I. overlords during the Descartes Revolution. TOTAL = 36 POINTS

I've really been enjoying this bit of OGRE nostalgia David, and it's green to see the Air Cushion Cavalry make an appearance.  The skirting effect reminds me a big of Sow bugs (or Rollypollies or other regional names), but that's not a bad thing as both zip around, appear everywhere and can be damned hard to kill.

Excellent work and full value on the Invasion Gone Bad.



9 comments:

  1. "Ceasefire collapse" sounds like a great premise for a scenario in a variety of settings...

    Great work Dave.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely looking hover tanks!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great work on these classic GEVs, Dave. I also like the look of that artillery on your workbench.

    ReplyDelete
  4. these do look nice, I might have to look them upfor use with my CBT stuff...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good looking additions to your force, Dave!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice brushwork, Dave! I like how you painted up the skirts on the hovercraft! They are really pretty...at least till the ogre targets them! ;)

    ReplyDelete