Monday 30 January 2023

From EdwardG - Nothing to offer you all but these Amazons (47 points)

 Hello all, 

A very delayed post, over two weeks now since these chaps should have been uploaded for the Challenge . The last steps of basing and then photographing them has taken a lot longer than expected. A combination of child, doggo, and re-starting work after parental leave conspired against me!

A miss-quoted 1970s Napoleon aside (for the record, the film Waterloo is in my forever top 3, despite its inaccuracies!) I offer for the Under Construction Studio, a cloud (or should that be a buzz, or squall, or murder, or?! If anyone knows the correct collective name please let me know in the comments!) of Scottish Skirmishers! 





These little 6mm wonders are from Baccus, and make up the skirmishing bases for the Highland battalions in my ever slowly expanding Waterloo Orbat Allied army. I have been working on this project since the start of the Covid lockdown (was more coincidence than planning). I still have the 3rd Division to complete, to round out the Quatre Bras Orbat (my initial target!) with the remaining British, Hanoverian, Dutch/Belgians, Nassau, and Prussian troops still to paint...as you can tell it is a project long under construction. I had hoped to have it completed by now, but as with lots of deadlines...the time just never seems to be quite enough!

I hope that my next studio release, in the theme of High Adventure will be coming out with less of a gap between, compared to this one and the last! In any case art is a process that shouldn't be hurried...kinda.

A total points tally:

54 6mm foot x 0.5 points = 27points

Under Construction Studio Bonus = 20points

Total = 47points!

Best,

Ed

These highland laddies look great Ed, love the basing on them.  I had to google the Amazon line reference, but I've never seen the movie and have just finished listening to Stephen Fry reading Greek myths on audio books.  Hopefully you've got your child, dog and employer care issues resolved and we'll be seeing more of this project.

13 comments:

  1. Nice work on the wee Highlanders, Edward! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who doesn't love some Baccus? You have done a marvelous job on these.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great looking Scots, Edward! What rules will you be using for these?

    Peter: You've never seen De Laurentis' 'Waterloo'!? Wow, how can this be? We may have to reconsider your historical wargaming creds. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great looking teeny tiny Highlanders!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look great, Edward, perhaps we get to see more of your 6mm project? I agree with you that the film is great too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice. The full orbat will be something to see! Please share a progress pic at some point.

    ReplyDelete
  7. 6mm is perhaps the only way to do a battle of the scale of Waterloo. These skirmishers look great.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job on these little guys 👍

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fab work on those teeny tiny Highlanders Edward. I love Waterloo too- and I don't even own any Napoleonic mini's!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely work on the wee lads. Well done.

    ReplyDelete