Thursday 2 February 2023

From ScottC: Casting Couch and Yellow Brick Road: Bandobras Took and Heroes of Helms Deep (65 points)

I have a double whammy today, 

For my Casting Couch submission I present the creator of Tolkien golf!

Model is a 3d print by Medbury Miniatures to represent Bandobras Took. 28mm scale




To continue my circuit around the cinema I had to cross another yellow brick road on the way to my 1980's project (completed, I just need to tidy up the bases) and I have had this character in my pile of potential for about 15 years. Aragorn (GW) as he was depicted in helms deep, and Haleth (3d printed Medbury), son of Hama.






Points:

3x 28mm infantry = 15 points

1x 40mm cavalry (lol) = 10 points

Challenge bonuses x2 = 40 points


See you next time in the 1980's!


From TeemuL: Ah, great Lotr goodness, Scott! There are some big and small heroes here, all excellently painted. And lovely bases, too. Efficient point grab and fits nicely to themes. Actually you don't need to use Yellow Brick Road to get from Casting Couch to 1980s, but I guess it is not against the rules, either.

11 comments:

  1. Very nice! I should look into Medbury.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hobbit on a horse with a club, what could possibly go wrong. Great job

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic stuff - really like the blond haired fighter!
    Cheers Jez

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice, some unusual heroes 9f that great saga painted up very well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Splendid group, Scott! Well executed brushwork and I like the basing on them. They all work well together, but the clumps on the hobbit do anchor him in the Shire!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely crisp brushwork. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great post, I really like Bandobras, never imaged there would be a figure representing him, but Aragorn and Haleth are great too!

    ReplyDelete