Thursday 2 March 2023

From AndrewB: Death Ride of the Spanish Armada!(60pts)

You’ve all been seeing my 1/600 pre dreadnaughts, and this week we have the Spanish contribution!  The only paint schemes I could find seemed to vary quite a bit, and this is where I settled, with the turrets, guns, and masts a weird sort of dirty Bart-Simpson complexion   Overall, they are distinctive from a few yards off, and that’s the look I need. 

First, and my personal favorite, Armored Cruiser Emperador Carlos V!   This thing is huge, bristling with guns, and has the Spanish clamshell turrets we all love!


Next, the pre-dreadnaught Pelayo!  Have to love a good tumblehome, right?   I know I can’t get enough.   This model was shipped to me short the wing turrets, which are on the way with my next order, but I got excited and painted up the ship without them!


Another Cruiser!   Reina Regente class ship Lepanto! Lots of guns on this beauty. 


Lastly, this little fella Cristobal Colon!  I’ve chosen to add primary armament turrets, as this whole ship should have been sunk at Santiago de Cuba anyhow.  Looks cool this way, too. 


And group pictures!   These folks will be used in a great big game simulating a ‘what if’ scenario where Camara takes his fleet west instead of east into the Med.  once off the coast of the US, they’ll be running afoul of the American squadron posted earlier in the challenge. 


As always, I enjoy seeing your progress and hearing your feedback.  Thanks to Teemu, the greatest of all AHPC minions, for being understanding with my submissions at all hours and on random days.  

How do I commune with the snow
Lord with regards to those Director’s Chair?

From TeemuL: Not one, not two, but many nice boats this time from Andrew! Excellent ships. Regarding the Director's Chair, please contact Curt via wonders of email.


8 comments:

  1. Very nicely done. Historically they didn't have a chance at all, it was a somewhat stupid suicidal charge (some will say heroic)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool looking squadron, the yellow is quite eye-catching, but not so bright that it dominates the models.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great squadron, I like the colour scheme and they are all very distinctive ships. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really wonderful work, Andrew. I love the silhouette of the pre-dreadnoughts.

    ReplyDelete