Monday 6 March 2023

From PaulSS: Last of the WWII Germans -- 85 pts

This week I finished off the last of the stuff I have in hand for the German force for O'Group, I've now got enough American and German troops painted for a medium sized game and I hope to get at least one game in before everything gets packed up for the move back to Wisconsin at the end of the month.

The final troops in the Victrix German Infantry and Heavy Weapons were completed adding several more sections of infantry, a couple of machine guns, commanders anti-tank and patrol markers. although looking at the photos some of them could use a spray of matt varnish.

I picked up enough sabot trays from Warbases  for all eighteen American and German infantry platoons, but I've only included a couple of shots here, once you've seen one movement tray you have seen them all!

An order from Pendraken sorted out some heavier infantry support for the Germans, a pair of leIG18 7.5cm infantry guns.



And a pair of PaK38 5cm anti-tank guns.



I also made a small order to Red3 as they have some nice defences suitable for our Normandy games. I picked up a pair of Tobruk machine gun positions.



And a pack of sandbagged positions to represent dug in infantry.


Lastly Pendraken also furnished some armoured support for the Germans, a Tiger I will be a formidable opponent for the Shermans.





A pair of StuGIIIG complete the collection.




60 12mm infantry and crews, four 12mm guns, three 12mm vehicles and a one point each claim for the Tobruks and defences will be 83 points added to my total, and I've passed the target I set myself with days to spare!

Squirrel Duel Tally: 4 (40K Kroot, Gaslands, WW2 US, WW2 German)

Another finished project apparently!  Fine looking Germans for you Normandy Paul, they every bit as nice as your prior units.  The sabot bases may look alike, but they look great.  It's also nice to see you field the workhorse support units like the 5cm ATGs and the StuGs.   I am looking forward to seeing AAR of your O  Group games.  O Group was a bit of a bust with our gaming group, but that's another story...

Wisconsin?!?  Are you taking travel advice from that tosser in Love Actually?  But seriously, good luck on your move back across the pond. 

9 comments:

  1. @Peter it's where the office is, there was a good reason not to move back in January....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great looking Germans!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice Germans Paul, I also love the scenery backgrounds. Really adds to the aesthetic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great stuff. The StuGs are really cool.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great post, they are all awesome. The bunkers are really nice, and the tanks are very beautifully painted!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a great collection of figures Paul

    ReplyDelete