Tuesday 5 March 2019

From AlexS - "Call me Snake" and For King and Parliament (376 Points)

Hello to all! My name is Alex and I from Russia. Today some more miniatures. First, a very important miniature for my world of the Wild West. In the story, one of the characters turns out to be the incarnation of Yig, the ancient of Lovecraft's universe. And I found and painted a miniature for him. It turned out to be alive and my wife was frightened at first, thinking that I had brought a live snake home.



Secondly, I love this event, because it is very motivating to work. In the fall I tried to paint the mercenaries for the army of the Moscow Tsar for the 17th century. But I did not succeed, and these miniatures could stand long on the shelf. But thanks to the event, depending on how other people work, I was inspired and began to repaint them. And this is the result of the work - two battles and a squadron of cavalry, and generals.

I have three more battles and a gun on the shelf. I hope there is enough inspiration to paint them. Help me with your work!






points:

28mm 1 monster = 10 points
28mm 15 cav x 10 = 150 points
28mm 42 inf x 5 = 210 points
28mm 1wounded x 2,5 = 2,5 points

total 372,5



Fantastic entry mate, I really love that snake and the story about your wife thinking it was real. I had a similar experience back before I got married, probably 30 years ago. I painted a 'Giant Spider' for an Undead Army and left it on my desk while I worked on its rider. It was pretty much life size for a Tarantula and my poor mother nearly had a heart attack when she discovered it while cleaning my room! 

I'm scoring the wounded casualty as a full figure (I've done that for other peoples entries and want to be consistent). I'm also adding a point for the snake cos it looks so good, so your total for this lot is 376 points.
Lee

11 comments:

  1. Wonderful work Alex. That snake is most lifelike :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work Alex. Those Muscovites are great by the snake is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic work Alex! The snake is certainly eerie...I sympathize with your wife's reaction.

    Good luck getting those other 17th century figures finished - certainly, if anyone can get that done, we know you can! In fact, they are probably being finished right now...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some super stuff there Alex, lovin the Snake.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great snake! Loving the pike and shot troops!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  6. great entry, loving the snake, really hate snakes

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous work Alex! That snake is just fab.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great work Alex. That snake is very real.

    ReplyDelete