Tuesday 5 March 2019

From SanderS - Vervunhive PDF (22 points)

Hoi,

It's safe to say that next to my Heroquest project, Necromunda is a main focus for my Challenge this year. The 4 figures featured today were actually planned to be included in my theme round entry, sadly I wasn't able to finish them in time.


As I told in my Spyrer-post I want to play my games of Necromunda to take place in Vervunhive on Verghast. These figures are my version of the Verghastite PDF, a ragtag of troops and equipment.

The standard bearer, a junior officer, has parts of about 5 different kits in it. The head and torso are from an IG tank vehicle sprue, the banner and arms are from a Catachan Command squad, the radio is from the old IG plastic set and there's a Goliath gasmask on his belt. I think this is the nicest figure of the 4.






Next up is a trooper carrying a flamer. With my bad luck in dice-rolls, I want as many template weapons as possible. I like the added icons on his right shoulder pad a nice design. The head is a white metal sentinel head.




The sergeant shown below has a white metal Arbites shield and an old Space Marine stubber pistol. The las-carbine with folding stock and his backpack are both from a Catachan set again.




Last is the model I like least in the batch; a sniper, I have sorely misjudged the fit of his pieces and should have kitted him out with more gear. Oh well he looks the part.The cloak is a trial version for the camo cloaks I need to do for my Gaunt's Ghosts. I painted on some stripes and then sponged on some spots of dark and light grey, not entirely appy but I know how the process should work now.





These guys would work in a number of games (Necromunda, 40K and Kill team) so in all I am happy with them.

As the title says: these chaps should net me another 20 points...





Your Necromunda figures have been wonderful to see. Lots of detail and I like the fact you have adapted these figures using spare bits from other kits (do people still call it a Bitz Box, or is that just me?). I'm sure I must have mentioned this before but I really like the attention you have paid to the bases. The combined effect is colourful but work really well. 

I'm awarding an extra point for the flag of course but also an additional one for quality. Nicely done sir!
Lee

22 comments:

  1. Brilliant work Sander! I love that standard bearer :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tamsin, he was a love to paint,!

      Delete
  2. Quality work on these GW figs 👍

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know which one is my favourite! They all are! Super work,really characterful conversions and lovely painting!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great figures, posing, colour scheme and painting. I really like the chap with the shield, reminds me of SWAT/SOF equipped with ballistic shields leading the way with his mates hiding behind/backing him up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the look I was going for I had just read Salvations reach from the Gaunt's Ghosts series and the boarding action in it inspired this figure

      Delete
  5. Lovely work, love all the kit bashing going on here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is great Sander. I had fun counting up the different sources for the bits for these fellows.

    And I love the colours - particularly on the officer, he is excellent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Greg, I plan to do more in the future but that will fall outside the scope of this Challenge.

      Delete
  7. Brilliant, great attention to detail.

    ReplyDelete