Tuesday 5 March 2019

From TamsinP - More 15mm WW2 Soviets (298 points)



I did say last week that I'd be finishing off my 15mm WW2 Soviets for today, and here they are.


Senior Leader, Commissar, Medic and LMG Team





Spare Junior Leaders



In case you are wondering, for Chain of Command I will need some spare junior leader figures for attachment to support weapon teams.


Two Scout Squads




At some point I will buy some proper scouts in the camo smock and trousers, but these will do for now.


Tank Rider Platoon





AT Rifle Teams




For some reason only the prone gunners had loader figures included; luckily I had some spare infantry figures to accompany the walking gunners.


Maxim MMG Teams




50mm Mortar Teams




82mm Mortar Teams




120mm Mortar Teams




Once again, all the figures are 15mm from Plastic Soldier Company.

For Scoring

125 x 15mm foot @ 2 = 250 points
16 x small crew served weapons @ 2* = 32 points
Total = 282 points

* They are small, so I am claiming points as if they were 15mm foot.

I should have another entry later today, so keep your eyes peeled.



Lovely work as always Tamsin, I'm really enjoying your Soviet stuff. I've always enjoyed reading about the Russian Tank riders. Some of the books I have read seem divided on whether it was a tactical decision to put men on the tanks or just a natural development as infantry wanted a ride (with the added benefit of warmth from the engine deck). Whatever the reason, it was an inspired move, especially when the front was constantly moving.

I'm going to be pedantic with the points, and score some of your crew served weapons at full points. Once again its a precedent I have set with other peoples entries earlier in the challenge and I'm trying to be consistent. So for the small Mortars I agree I'll score them at half marks but for the carriage mounted Maxims and the 120mm mortars I'm awarding 4 points each. So this lot comes in at 298 Points. 
Lee

14 comments:

  1. Lovely work on tis horde of Russians Tamsin. Your turf effects are very good - are you still using the electro-static gizmo (can't recall the real name off hand)?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just one glimpse at the horde and I'm sure all sensible people will want to surrender...great job Tamsin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic Soviet horde!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ace looking troops Tamsin! I‘m sure these lads will do sterling service in the defense of the motherland.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely looking Soviets Tamsin - well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ Lee - cheers, m'dear! I think perhaps that it was a "lesson learned" thing, that tanks need infantry support in close terrain and the infantry need to know how to work with the tanks. :)

    @ Peter D - thanks! For these bases, I was using Noch puffer bottles to add the static grass; the flocking devices would have been far too messy with this many bases :)

    @ Fran - cheers! :)

    @ Greg - thanks! I know I'd want to surrender, but that wouldn't make for a very satisfying game, would it? ;)

    @ Ken - indeed, indeed :)

    @ Iain - cheers! :)

    @ Martin C - thanks! :)

    @ Nick - cheers! I can only hope that there service is excellent :)

    @ Peter A - thanks! :)

    @ Barks - cheers! :)

    @ Paul SS - thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. More awesome Soviets, nice one Tamsin!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are some great looking soviets Tamsin!

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have those exact models. Yours are so much more bright and clear what they are. I’ve got some highlighting to do.

    ReplyDelete