Tuesday 5 March 2019

From PhilH: Another Trio of Blood Bowl Skaven (23 points)

A cheeky little Tuesday post to keep those posts ticking over: three more players for my Skaven Blood Bowl team. This time, two throwers and one linerat. 


I mentioned in my first entry from this team that I'd converted quite a few of the team, and I wasn't really sold on the throwers in the box: holding the ball in their tails seemed like a dumb option when you have perfectly good hands with opposable thumbs.
GW's studio model, to illustrate the tail-throw technique

So you have a little head-swap, tail swap and the throwers' arms being reworked using a couple of the spare balls from the box.


Once again, they need some weathering, decals and greenery on their bases, to follow when the team is done.

I also finished off the other two markers that come in the set, used to track turns and team rerolls. They're double-sided, so feel like 2 points a piece?




Six players, that's half a team done!



Awesome work mate, these are excellent vermin! I love the fact that you have taken these already excellent sculpts and added your own touch by converting them. Totally agree though, why carry the ball in the tail when you have perfectly good hands. I also have to say I think the colour scheme you have chosen fits them so well. All in all a very nice entry. I think this team will look brilliant when complete. 

So 5 points each, plus one each for conversion work and an extra point for the quality of the trio, plus 2 points each for the tokens brings this lot to 23 points. Nicely done sir!
Lee

22 comments:

  1. Great work Phil. Not a BB fan but those are very nicely painted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent work Phil - first class stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great looking skaven team!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete