Thursday 17 March 2022

From DaveS: Final units from my Florence Army (105pts)

 So after a few weeks break caused by work, I've finally managed to paint the last 2 units for my Florence army.


First of all, we have the unit of Crossbowmen.  These would be the last unit of troops that were from the districts of the city, and would have again had issues equipment.  They also have a banner, made using printable transfer paper on laminated kitchen foil again.



The other unit is a base of Landsknechts Pikemen.  These form the second base of a massed unit of pikemen for Basic Impetus 2.  Again, these are much more colourful than may have been historical, but they make a nice contrast to the more uniformed troops.




With this, I have finished the army.  This is still one of my favourite parts of the Basic Impetus 2 rules, that they have a fixed army list system which means that it is possible to "complete" an army.


So that is my second army finished during the challenge.  I won't get anywhere close to my target this year, due to other commitments, but with this, My HYW French and almost a Battalion of Battlemechs, I'm happy with what I've achieved.

Congratulations on finishing this army! They look great together. I have given you 500 bonus points for your flag. I have penalised you 500 points for not putting any labels on your post and not stating how many figures- looks like 21?

Barks

10 comments:

  1. I have no excuses. *hangs head in shame*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work, Dave! Congrats on completing the force! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good looking and colourful army, Dave! Congrats on finishing a project, I'd give you some bonus points for that, if I could. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Barks giveth and the Barks taketh away…
    Congratulations on finishing such an amazing project!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous brushwork, Dave. Always love seeing some Italian Wars in the mix.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great looking finish,lovely Italian wars army!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excellent brushwork Dave! Shame about the 500 points!

    ReplyDelete