Thursday 1 February 2024

From KentG: 28mm ACW Confederate limber, pirates, peasants, science fiction romance, gift shop and Sarah's cart (points 216)

 Well surprise surprise another week has sped bye, as I write this.

It is the first of Feb and I almost wonder, is time passing fast simple because of the amount of painting we are doing?, as if we are turning the hands of time with each brush stroke in this post we have a few different figures which I really  enjoyed painting.



We start with a 28mm six horse Perry Miniatures Confederate the gun and Limber plus 3 figures by the gun are from their plastic artillery set the rest are metal. 


After doing the 6 horse limber for the union I was mad enough to decide lets make this one longer and add an artillery piece.


I don't know how often I say it but I do love painting Perry Minis.






Next up we have 4 figures from a peasant set 3D printed by Wargames Atlantic I'm entering these into romance section of the Library and Sarah's cart the Lady with the can of food is for Sarah's cart the rest are part of a love triangle but the green eye of envy has hit.


You cheeky wench you try and use food to steal my man from me well I won't have it, if I can't you you nobody will. I'll blow you and this piece of skirt into the next life Bang bang.


Now with the use of Sarah's cart I'll do the science fiction entry into the library.
We have a lone figure from the doctor who world 28mm Cyberman



We have another couple of pirates from Irregular Miniatures I hope to get a bunch more done before the end of the comp. I really enjoy these so full of character.



Lastly we have the first 3 x 40mm figures these will be entered into the  library under gift shop. They were a gift to me and once painted they will be an unexpected gift back.

There is almost the full set of these by Eureka Miniatures these are a real nostalgia moment, many years ago Eureka miniatures sent me one to paint and display, so when a friend gave these to me just before the comp I was like, I know these and was quite excited. It comes with tables and chairs and animals so should be very cool when they are all done. 



              Points
            1 Confederate limber 6 horse 6 figures 60pts
                                           1 limber               10pts
                                           1 cannon             10pts 
                                            Total                    80pts
            7 x 28mm foot  = 35pts

            3 x 40mm foot =  21pts    

                                                  Total 136pts

            Library points 

            Romance 20pts
            Gift shop 20pts
            Sarah's cart   20pts
            Science fiction 20pts
                                                    Total 80pts
            Grand Total of 216pts

From Millsy: What a weird and wonderful collection of stuff you've presented us with here Kent. It's great to see the Cyberman at last following our chats, and the limber is beautifully done BUT the pick for me is the WA peasants. They're both very well painted and the story you constructed around them actually made me laugh out loud.

19 comments:

  1. The limber looks great, but what a varied post and full of treats, Kent!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Teemu, It was fun to be painting a but of variety for once glad you liked them.

      Delete
  2. Great post - I really like the pirates and musketeers! Cheers JezT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jez, the funny thing is the pirates look like rubbish before the paint goes on but afterwards, one of my favourites

      Delete
  3. Great painting here. I too love painting Perry's, they get a good amount of detail without being cluttered. Lovely work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally agree, we are so lucky these days to have wonderful miniature sculptors

      Delete
  4. Excellent tour around the book stacks. Wonderful painting and my vote in the bunch is the musketeers. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lots of character in the other figures but I really like that limber!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful spread of periods and painting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The peasant story got pretty dark. Nice work on the models.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Superb . Love the limber … right I will knock mine out !

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm with Millsy - lovely, those WA peasants are not at all revolting :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great assortment of wonderfully painted miniatures. I have to agree with Dallas, that love triangle took a bad turn.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great painting as always Ken, I like the limber (I avoid them whenever possible, but this one almost changes my mind),, and that’s a fine romantic tale with some fine figures in it (particularly Revolver Rosie), but those musketeers are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful work Kent. I really like the ladies (esp the one with the pistols) and those musketeers are fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great to see those musketeers, never fail to put me in a swashbuckling mood!

    ReplyDelete