Thursday 22 February 2024

From KentG: 40mm Napoleonic French & British cavalry (points 75)

 Had a new commission arrive on Friday, undercoated Saturday, 

painted it Sunday. I had so much fun painting these, 
and I used my time isolating from my wife who had covid. 
what better place to hide than my painting room
The figures are 40mm Perry Miniatures 


I was expecting 40mm to be exceptionally detailed and well made
and if they had been in 28mm the detail would have been amazing
but I had to use quite a bit of green stuff to fix where the horse and heads 
didn't fit properly.

Even with that I loved painting the figures and this 
Hussar was one of my favorites in the end






This chap was the one British Cavalry figure and the first time for me
 painting British Cav really like the way he came out


I struggled a bit with the blue of his uniform as I was missing a color 
I need to get the color right





French infantry officer, the sword on this guy was so thin and 
was scary to work with, I informed the customer that all the swords
were very thin and had been badly bent in transit to me.


This photo above is just such an iconic pose and I really like it




This hussars was another of my favorite figures
maybe it's because I enjoy painting the colorful uniform





Another Hussar, i suppose you just can't get enough of them can you
I forgot to add matt varnish to the rider before the photo

each figure will have two coats of gloss varnish two coats of matt
then a final coat of hand painted ultra matt varnish to finish



                    Points
    
                   5 x 40mm Cavalry 15pts each = 75pts

                                                              Total 75pts

From Millsy: These are just beautiful Kent and really showcase your ability at a larger scale. I suspect you enjoyed these a lot more than the 18mm stuff you've been doing of late. It's a shame you had to do some prep work in order to get them up to scratch although I suppose the larger minis merit that to get results of this quality. Cracking work mate!

16 comments:

  1. That's great Kent, very well done, lovely figures to paint and you've executed them very well

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. I'm hoping the customer will send me more, They are fun to paint.

      Delete
  3. So many great pieces - I was going to say 'love the British Dragoon", theeh next one and the next one. So a blanket comment on how good they look.
    RichardM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Richard, I know what you mean when I look at the I'm like I like them all.

      Delete
  4. Brilliant cavalry. I’m torn as well which is the favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really fine work on some fine figures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They sure are nice to paint, I don't get much of this size for commission work but nice when I do.

      Delete
  6. Beautiful figures. Our putty and painting really made them shine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Tom, I just had to fill them in they are to big to leave gaping holes in them, was well worth the effort

      Delete
  7. I fancy doing some 40mm ACW just for the fun of painting . These are cracking Kent and show the scale off nicely

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have you got 40mm ACW that would be awesome to see.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great brushwork and I admire your varnishing process. :)

    ReplyDelete