Thursday 6 February 2020

From MattK - Tiny Romans, Lord of the Rings Reinforcement and Messing About With Boats - Douglas Shallows(121 Points)

So, I've run into a bit of a prediciment admitedly. I have been working hard on two other larger projects and wanted to wait until they were done to post again but I realised I was sitting on a pretty big backlog if I did that so here is a smattering of whats been totally finished since last time. I'm really enjoying my time on the island but I'll admit it's changing up the order in which I'd post some stuff. Perhaps after this post I'll take a trip on Sarah's Balloon.

Firstly, according to the title are my new 10mm Romans. These figures are from Old Glory and are the very first batch I've painted for my eventual Age of Hannibal Game. Sometime between now and the actual Age of Hannibal game, I plan to make some lists up and use the figures to run tiny adorable kitchen table games of To the Strongest. These are all the Velites I'll need and the first two bases of Princepes. The basing was done for the sake of simplicity. 2 strips means I can get whole units from one bag of figures and easily represent different troop types.









Next up more Lord of The Rings. This is a very simple addition to my collection. We've been playing Battle Companies and this week our Dwarf Players (aside from winning both of his games so far) is up another Dwarf warrior and managed to snag the Mirkwood location. I told the players in the campaign that I'd supply everything we needed within reason and honestly, I didn't want to run out and buy a whole box of Mirkwood Rangers. I did however have a half dozen Legolas figures I've collected over the years (with the mounted version coming in the mail soon) Anyway this seemed like a good escuse to get him painted so I painted the 3 Hunters version. No clue when Ill paint the Aragorn and Gimli in that set but I suppose this is progress. So, a Dwarf Warrior and a "Mirkwood Ranger"


Finally, you were promised boats. As I mentioned before, I have a generic "red" navy and a generic "blue" one. My landfall onto the island saw the first batch of Roman ships so today, the entire Carthaginian fleet for my Poseidon's Warriors game. These were more 3d printed ships. This is my entry for Douglas' Shallows as I think we can consider raising a whole navy for Carthage "messing about with boats"


This puts me here for the challenge island with just one spot left to go before I can climb the mountain.



Glad to be back in the swing of it.

Today's totals
45 10mm infantry = 45 points
2 28mm infantry = 10 points
12 1/600 scale boats = 36 points (looks like I was given 3 points each last time)
Douglas' Shallows Bonus = 30 points
For a grand total of 121

Marvellous all round. Love te 10mm Romans, I have a bit o a soft spot for 10mm and they are big this year on the Challenge. Reinforcements always help - as Timur the Lame said "Better to be on hand with 10 men than absent with 10,000". And the Carthaginian fleet is marvellous (did you print these yourself?)

16 comments:

  1. Great stuff! I love the Carthaginian Fleet

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely mixed bag of stuff Matt :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done Matt. Love those Romans!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent stuff Matt. Your Romans look great, I especially like the elites with their pelts and open formation. And those are great looking galleys.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks all, Im incredibly happy with howits all coming together. This entry and the Goliath gang just didn't look right until the bases were totally done and now I'm very happy with them.

    To answer the minion; yeah, the files were purchased from Wargames Vault and I printed them on my Elegoo Mars.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a nice diverse helping of great figures!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah, principes remind me of the first Total War:Rome game.... nicely painted.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely work! I especially like those 10mm chaps

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great looking Romans! Love the fleet and the Lotr types too!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great mix of figures! I heartily approve of the idea of running tiny adorable kitchen games. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. 🎈The Balloon Service looks forward to a new passenger, when you do come aboard, I think you will find the Bar Service quite satisfying as well as the in-flight entertainment, well quite entertaining!🎈

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great collection of figures Matt.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very nice indeed

    https://www.10mm-wargaming.com/

    https://www.10mm-wargaming.co.uk/

    Take care

    Andy

    ReplyDelete