Sunday 30 January 2022

From Barks: Termagants (LV-426) (55 points)

These were another eBay purchase, for use with my grimdark Stargrave and Five Parsecs settings. They were a nostalgia colour scheme based on my first 40K miniatures, which were second edition Tyranids. I used Contrasts Gryph-hound Orange and Skeleton Horde. The models swarm up together quite well.




As a treat for Millsy, here is the only photo of my original metal Hunter Slayers. Thirty years of painting XP ago!


Outer and Middle Ring navigation complete!

7x 28mm figures: 35 points

Location bonus (LV-426): 20 points

Slowpainter's ABC: X is for Xenos



_________________________________

Wonderful looking Termagants Barks. In my minds eye I've always thought of the Tyranids being able to adapt to any world they're currently 'absorbing', so I really like the more arid colours you went with for their chitinous 'skin' (love the shots of them running amongst the cacti).  This all being said, I do admire your ealier efforts as well. They look very, very red and hot sauce angry - great eyes too!

- Curt



22 comments:

  1. Yikes! Nice work on these horriors, love the blue tongues. Also a treat to see the old veterans, clearly they stayed out in the sun too long.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very lobsterish. The blue adds a much needed pop of colour.

      Delete
  2. Lovely work barks -the contrast paints really seem to work on the temagents

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The critic in me thinks they need a highlight, but they'll do for now.

      Delete
  3. Great job, on both the old and the new! The Contrasts work great on these gants, tabletop ready in no time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Teemu! They're a must for any infantry-heavy army.

      Delete
  4. Two sets of classic Tyranids, what a treat! Lovely job on the new ones, but I do like the old school red paint and green basing on the originals :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Drubrushing the Sunburst Yellow was the worst, it had no coverage.

      Delete
  5. Very unpleasant and thoroughly at home in that lovely desert landscape, great unit, like them a lot.
    Cheers, MikeP

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm getting more use out of my arid 'scape, and I'm pretty happy with it.

      Delete
  6. Sniff! These are nostalgia classics! Well done Barks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew I would find true afficionados here.

      Delete
  7. Fine looking 'gants. Quite dig the colour scheme

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, Nick. I'm thinking of picking out some of the fleshy bits a little as well.

      Delete
  8. Great looking models there man!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The little bugs look grand, Barks! As much as I like the ones, I also enjoy the red orange originals from last century...I still have troops with that color of bolters and spear shafts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dave! I do get nostalgic for that aesthetic...

      Delete