Sunday 30 January 2022

IanS: 15mm Ancients and Napoleonics (412 Points)

 Dear All

Due to a family illness I have not posted for a couple of weeks and although I have painted a few figures I had not based any.  So this week I have been frantically basing figures.

First up Ancients, this post is just Ancient British.  The wonders of this challenge is that every time I go to my spares/eBay box I find more figures to paint.  So last weeks dip into the box for a spare wheel for a chariot uncovered two bags of Celts I had won on eBay.  This means that I have enough for another clan, 5 warbands, 2 light infantry and a light cavalry unit.

So first Up are 4 warbands, I recognise some of the figures as being Donnington have no idea on the rest.





Here we have 2 light infantry units again a mixture of manufacturers mostly unknown.


The mounted arm for this army, a unit of light cavalry and a chariot unit.  




So only have 4 warband, a slinger, Light Cavalry and General and then the army will be finished, may be for this Friday as there is an ancient game at the club.

Total Army will be 30 warband, 12 Light infantry, 6 Light Cavalry, 3 Chariot units and 3 generals.  The last unit to be done for this army is a suggestion of a band, the singing slingers which are being converted as we speak.


So points 

Warband 48 x 15mm figures = 96pts

Light Infantry 16 x 15mm figures = 32pts

Light Cavalry  8 x 15mm figures = 32pts

Chariots 8 x 15mm figures plus 4 chariots (4pts each) = 32pts

Total I would like to claim - 192pts

In addition I would like to claim a Squirrel pt for the warband. 


Napoleonic

In the continuation of finding units that are not French to use the Epic Waterloo figures acquired through Wargames Illustrated we have a Westphalian Cuirassier Brigade consisting of two Cuirassier regiments, and two gun horse artillery battery.  One of my many pet hates is white uniforms i just cannot get it right, so when the option of what uniform to use for the 1st regiment, my son said white, oh happy days.







Now i did say on my last post that i would put some comparison shots of these figures against other makes.  I only have two makes of Napoleonic cavalry, Lancashire Games and Minifigs.  Left is Minifigs centre Epic and right Lancashire games .





As you can see there is not a lot of difference between them.  The big difference is cost with metal figures ranging from 80 -100p these come in circa 22p.  


Next up more Wurttembergers, two line battalions and a brigadier figures are from Warrior Miniatures





 

Points

Westphalian Cu - 24 x 15mm Figures = 96pts

Westphalian Art - 8 x 15mm figures and two guns = 24pts

Wurttemberg Inf - 48 x 15mm figures = 96pts

Wurttemberg Brigadier - 1 x 15mm figure = 4pts


Total to be claimed - 220pts

Plus Two Squirrel points 1 for Westphalian and the other for the Wurttembergers



So for this post

Ancients  - 192 

Napoleonic - 220

Total - 412pts

Squirrel - 3


A couple of questions curt 

1. For squirrel pts can I get one for 24 Wurttemberg line infantry and another for 24 Wurttemberg light infantry?

2. Do all figures have to be based to collect pts?

____________________________


Very fine work Ian and quite the points bomb as well. Well done!

As to your questions: 

Squirrel Points. Stuart is the SquirrelFinder General so I defer to his ruling, BUT as I understand it, you would get one point for your Wurttembergers entire, not for each troop type within the nationality. The Squirrel Points are 'awarded' for each entirely unique theme/period/force. I think that if you did French Napoleonics you could claim a Squirrel for that as they themeatically different from the Wurttembergers. Again, I defer to Stuart to adjudicate.

Unbased Figures. Figures can still be scored if they are unbased, but should have 20% deducted from their total. So a 28mm figure will be scored as 4 points instead of 5.

- Curt


11 comments:

  1. Nice selection of 15mm fun, Ian! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work Ian, that's a lot of points!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thankyou
    Would have been more units to thus post but family commitments came first. Was aiming for iver 500pts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope the family is getting better! But this is lots of minis and points, even when spread for couple of weeks. Well done, very colourful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Ian:
    Hope your family is doing better. Great batch of 15mm minis, the Napoleonics are crisp and very impressive. What Naps rules do you use?
    Cheers, MikeP

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done Ian. I am hoping to see some new Napoleonics on my table soon...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Replies
    1. I'm always impresses with the smaller scale work as I did struggle with 15mm stuff I painted in the past...but wow Ian! Those colors do pop! Great brushwork!

      Delete