Sunday 20 March 2022

From TamsinP: Operation Rescue Oscar Part 3 (58 points)

 Extract from the Journal of TamsinP: Time Traveler, Society Girl and Adventuress


We exit the rift and find ourselves in the midst of the jungle. I can tell by the fact that there is no longer a roof, that the device has changed our vehicle. I check the instruments; yes, we are in Papua New Guinea in 1943.

"What a lovely stench of rotting vegetation!" I exclaim.

"Indeed - Oscar would really love it" Curt replies "Maybe that's why he kept coming back here?"

"I guess we ought to get out and have a look around."

We debark from the vehicle. Curt has somehow acquired a map and compass; I appear to have acquired a pith helmet. 

"OK, let's head this way - there might be some clues as to where Oscar has been."

We head off down one of the paths, me in the lead. I have a nagging feeling that it might have been a sensible precaution to bring the Lewis guns from the truck, what with the potential for encountering Japanese soldiers and all, but for some reason we have left them behind.

"Ahh! I think we should take this path."

"What? The one I've just walked past?"

"Errmmm, yes. Sorry about that."





"Curt - I think we should get out of here quick-smart!"

"Why on Earth would we want to do that?"

A bullet zips over our heads.

"Ahh, yes, I see what you mean. Time to vamoose!"


We run through the jungle, bullets zipping past us and hearing the shouts of the pursuing Japanese soldiers.



We make it back to the truck, clambering in with no sense of decorum.

"Get us out of here!"

I hit the button and the rift opens, Curt floors the accelerator and we pass through, back to the starship wreckage.

"Why have you brought us back here?"

"Three very good reasons. One - it's a point we know. Two - I already had the time and location settings for it programmed in. Three - we know that it's safe and we'll have plenty of time to plan our next move."

"Yes, those are three very good reasons. Excellent choice."

I check the instruments and notice something interesting.

"Now, that's interesting. There's a new event. Just checking the time and location."

I stare at the result, look at our outfits and have a horrible thought.

"Curt - do you think our outfits look a bit like they're from a Gerry Anderson show?"

"Well, now you mention it, yes they do. Why do you ask?"

"I've got this horrible feeling. I think we might be in a fictional future. If I'm right, then it's possible that this new event could also be a fictional future and I think I have an idea what it might be."

"Really? Well, do go on - where and when is this new event?"

"The location puts it on the outskirts of New York city in 2137."

"You don't mean..."

"Yup, Mega City One is my guess. I'm trying to think which good guys have beards that you might end up as."

"Judges with beards?"

"Well, there have been a few. Let's just hope that it's not Dirty Frank!"

I enter the time and location into the device and press the button. The rift opens and Curt takes the hover van through...



Silliness over for this post. Don't worry, there will be four more posts from me before the Challenge ends, all with silly tales!



Our Intrepid Time Traveling Dog Rescuers










Both figures are from Artizan's "Thrilling Tales" range.





The Model T Ford is from Empress. It arrived just in time for me to assemble, prime, paint and varnish it ready for taking photos today.


The Japanese Pursuers



I had six figures from The Assault Group left over. I didn't paint them with the others as these ones have the earlier pattern helmet which wouldn't have mixed in with the rest.



For Scoring

7 x 28mm foot @ 5 = 35 points
1 x prone 28mm foot @ 2.5 = 2.5 points
1 x 28mm vehicle@ 20 = 20 points

Total = 57.5 points (Nope! rounding up to 58. ed)

________________________________

I'm wiggling in my seat as we close in on the conclusion to this epic tale (tail?). Great pulp figures, Ford and Japanese soldiers, Tamsin. I especially like the hair on my avatar - It proves to me that this whole thing truly is a work of fiction. ;P

Lovely work! The next episode is coming up soon - stay tuned!

- Curt


16 comments:

  1. Brilliant stuff as usual Tamsin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it, can't wait for Epic tale to continue!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers! Four more instalments to follow! :)

      Delete
  3. Excellent wacky takes Tamsin. Love the adventures and the Model T. Curt has obviously been in the way back machine based on the amount and colour of his hair.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The Model T was a PITA to assemble (take a look at the Empress website to see what I mean). As for Curt's hair, yes, well, that figure is somewhat more hirsute and "youthful" or so I am led to believe! :)

      Delete
  4. I can’t wait to read the next instalment! The Model T is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers! Four more posts to come, all with Adventures and Extracts! :)

      Delete
  5. Love that Empress Model T- perfect for some Pulp Action!

    ReplyDelete
  6. As the others say: the Model T is to die for, you really nailed that creme colour!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers! I actually took the colour too light but, thanks to using the airbrush, I was able to tone it back with a darker glaze. :)

      Delete
  7. @ Curt - thanks! These do seem to have become very much a shaggy dog (and humans) tale! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful models again, Tamsin! That T model looks great, it is a shame that business betweem UK and EU is so difficult. On the bright side, I save lots of money when not doing the impulse purchases... :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is a great pair of pulp protagonists and their jalopy.

    ReplyDelete