Tuesday 31 January 2023

From MartinC: ACW Completion? (415pts)

 Many of you will know that I have a very large 28mm ACW collection, mainly painted as part of several challenges. I have about a division of each side. I had a few left to paint to complete the forces. All the figures are a mix of Perry plastics and metals, some from Dave


Generic Rebel cavalry unit. i don't like how they've come out and may give them a black wash to show the folds and creases 


Generic Union Cavalry unit


Union Cavalry skirmishers

Rebels made from the spare figs in the artillery pack, again with the wash

Rebel cannon and limber

2 Union cannon and limbers

I no longer have any unpainted ACW figures. Yippee. I have 10 file boxes of figures and when putting these away I realised that I have space for 1 more regiment per side. Fab

Scores on the doors

Cavalry = 12 x 10 pts = 120

Infantry = 14 x 5pts = 70

Cannon +3 crew = 25pts each x 3 = 75

Limbers = 20pts + 2 mounted horses @10pts each and 2 unmounted horses @5pts each = 50pts each

3 limbers = 150pts

total = 415pts



Excellent points bomb, Martin! Now, when you say that you have enough room in the box files for another regiment per side we all know that the packs will make more than one regiment per side and you'll have to acquire more file boxes, meaning more space for more regiments...

Tamsin


38 comments:

  1. Great work, Martin. Love the artillery limbers. Now to get on with the 2nd division for each side... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He’s too much of a butterfly !

      Delete
    2. Yes I am. We already havve so many that we never finish a battle

      Delete
  2. Excellent work, Martin! They look sharp and clean and very smooth. I like the basing too. When you say room for two more regiments I heard I need another cabinet and more boxes! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The shelf is full and the boxes are full. I am finished, nearly

      Delete
  3. I am sure JamesM could drop some boxes for yiu if need to do them again

    ReplyDelete
  4. Finished a project? I am afraid I do not understand the concept. They look great Martin, but agree that a wash would not be a bad idea. Once a year if not sooner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a bath once a month, whether I need it or not

      Delete
  5. Finished amry?? You call yourself a wargamer??? Nahhh! XD great set of models, the limbers caught my eye

    ReplyDelete
  6. It will never be finished. Mwah ha ha ha. Seriously though, nice work here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done Martin, time to buy more figures now though!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good work, but dark wash on the Rebels might be an easy fix to make them even better. I understand the logic of others, but alternative option would be different sized boxes... :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the shading shows up OK in real life but it does need more

      Delete
  9. Great looking ACW types, sounds like you've made a good start!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice! There's nothing so satisfying as filling in those last few gaps.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great stuff! Is it me but dont think there have been so many ACW posts this year?? Enjoyed seeing these, bet your army looks impressive on the table?
    Cheers Jez.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. cheers, they do look cool but need a very big table

      Delete
  12. I can imagine how it must feel with the end of a project in sight, awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  13. God work on clearing out the ACW (for now...)

    ReplyDelete
  14. The curse of too many soldiers and the drive to play with them, not able to finish the fight. Great work and what a bomb. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice work, Martin. That reminds me I have some unfinished ACW minis in a box (in a bigger box) somewhere that needs a date with a paintbrush. :^)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cracking Martin, they look great mate

    ReplyDelete
  17. Well done with these, nice to see the limbers with the guns! Must accessorise…
    TomC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers, limbers don't get too much action but do look cool on the table

      Delete
  18. Great work, Martin! There’s always room for another battery or regiment, isn’t there? Bust I’d there’s not, congratulations. A finished project is a rare beast!

    ReplyDelete