Tuesday 15 January 2019

From TamsinP - 15mm Ming Chinese Arquebusiers (74 points)



According to Judge Lee, you have been good boys and girls.  And so you get rewarded with some more 15mm goodness from me.

Over late 2017/early 2018 I was painting up a reasonably-sized Ming Chinese army for us with FoGAm/FoGR and Art de la Guerre.  However, it was lacking two things - firearms troops and artillery.  I didn't like the handgunners from Old Glory 15s (they were very early types) so I eventually ordered some of the Grumpy Miniature ones from Eureka, which I collected at Salute in April. I also ordered some of their rocket launcher troops, which will serve as light artillery and regimental gun markers.

After finishing the SYW Russians I wanted something quick to submit as an extra this week and settled on these arquebusiers. These give me two units for FoGAM/FoGR or six units for ADLG.










The officers, trumpeters and spear/halberd troops are Old Glory 15s and slightly bigger than the chubby-cheeked Grumpy ones.

For scoring:
36 x 15mm foot = 72 points

Next week you can expect more 15mm goodness from the Orient, regardless of your behaviour.




"Please ma'am, can we have some more"... and so it came to pass. Wonderful work Tamsin. I really liked your Ming Chinese army, mostly because you always do such a good job with the painting and basing, but also because it not the sort of army you see every day. This lot will add some much needed boom to your army! I'm throwing in a couple of extra points for the shields bringing this up to 74 points well earned. 
Lee

13 comments:

  1. Nice work again Ms P - how do you know these figures are grumpy did you ask them? Maybe they'd be less grumpy if you didn't call them chubby. Anyway they look smashing, I like that the only guy n amour is blowing his horn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are some really nice colours Tamsin, another brilliant force for the tabletop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely looking Chinese shot, great finish on these little chaps!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool Tamsin and different as well!

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  5. Impressive work yet again. Well done Tamsin.

    ReplyDelete
  6. More high-quality work, with machine-like pace. Excellent stuff Tamsin.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ Lee - thanks! :)

    @ Peter D - cheeky! Well, I guess that the hornblowers are officers, rather than cannon-fodder, so they do want armour :)

    @ Martin - thanks! :)

    @ Sander - cheers! It has been a funny army to paint :)

    @ Noel - thanks! :)

    @ Nick - cheers! :)

    @ Iain - thanks! :)

    @ Christopher - cheers! :)

    @ Stuart L - thanks! :)

    @ Greg - cheers! I'm glad you added the "-like" after "machine" or I'd be throwing one of my tantrums! ;)

    @ Ken - you can indeed. In fact, you did! :)

    @ Barks - thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete