Wednesday 22 January 2020

From RayR: Hawkins Hill - Forgotten figure - Wench 35pts





"Ah, those poor forgotten miniatures. Here's one for you: Submit something you prepared for Challenge 7 or earlier (or something from at least three years ago if you weren’t a Challenger
at that time)."




Way back in February 2015 I posted my entry into the Comedic Bonus Round . A Bar Room Brawl scene, our luvvly serving wench was originally purchased for this scene, she came in pack C1 figures from SHQ Miniatures, see below


But alas I ran out of time to get her painted up as well! FRancis carrying the barrel and Curt the Landlord came out of the same pack. Some of you fine chaps and chappesses may remember
Tamsin O'Leary??? My L'amour Bonus Round post from back in 2016, well that's her in the middle, a brazen husyy if I say so myself!!

I did get myself into a little trouble with her!?!



There's nothing too hot about the paint job, block colours and inked with Windsor and Newton Peat Brown writing ink......



 I'll have to hop on Sarah's Balloon for my next venture on Challenge Island?
Hmm? Where too?


My visit to Hawkins' Hill should bring me in 35 points?


Yes, you did get into trouble with me and Anne for that piece of scurrilousness back then. One would hope that you had learned your lesson but you are, after all, Ray.

Nice work on the wench. For finally completing that set of figures I'm going to award a bonus point, but as I had to resize several of your photos I will also impose a 1 point penalty. Which takes you back to your original 35 points!

TamsinP

24 comments:

  1. Nice work Ray. Shame about the points penalty...which made me chuckle as much as the post did...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Ray...nice figure. it's great to see this finally finished. i am enjoying the fact that you had this set to go on Dave's minion day only to have Miss P step in to sub for him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice figure and smart choice on submission day!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ouch, looks like you got yellow carded ;)
    Nice work on the wench!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very fitting contribution Ray, I am glad she can join her friends and customers in the painted box

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice work Ray and the bar scene is cool.

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice work Ray! Too bad with that bonus point though ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Balloon Service has recently upgraded its’ insurance policy, limiting the liability which MAY occur due to notorious “ Sandbagging” practices.
    Now that the paperwork is in order, Lady Sarah welcomes you aboard and all is cautiously optimistic that the flight will be uneventful 🎈🎈

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew I'd get a bit of stick Sarah, but it was worth it.

      Delete
  9. Great work Ray. It's wonderful to have this stroll down memory lane again with that entry.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Magnificent... tracts of land!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fab. Looks like a certain place i used to attend every Friday :)

    ReplyDelete