Wednesday 22 January 2020

From PaulSS - Needs Moor Camel! (21 points)


All good things come to an end and that includes the few Gripping Beast Moors that I had left in the pile of shame.

These three models are the last that were left unpainted. I do have another eight of these camels, but have no riders for them, so it's finished for any more painting on the Almoravids for a while.


I'm not sure what make the camel is, but the Gripping Beast riders are not a brilliant fit, although this one does sit a little better than the drummer I did last time.

I did note that I managed to splash some of the yellow ochre that I use on the base on that archer on the left, whoops, these things only show up in the photos!


Two 28mm foot and a 28mm camel rider should net me 20 more points towards my total.


When I saw the title of this post, I had assumed it would be for Docherty's Dock, but it appears that camels (well, one anyway) have escaped into the wilds of the Challenge. And with a subtle refrence to the Walken/BOC sketch too - that deserves a bonus point I think.

Beautiful work Paul - 21 well deserved points are coming your way.

TamsinP

16 comments:

  1. Lovely work again mate.

    Looks like I asked about the Islamic forces too soon lol

    Fab work but I'm a bit saddened that i won't see any more 11th Century Spanish, Andalusian or Almoravid work from you.

    You might of course be tempted to buy a few more at Partizan if you make it over? :>)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Darrell, I'll do a count up later, but I reckon I likely have more than enough El Cid stuff for any gaming needs I may have, but, never say never.

      Delete
  2. Excellent Moors as always!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Paul...you continue to amaze with your clean, compelling brushwork...lovely stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes more camel please. Say it ain't over yet Paul.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have eight camels but no riders and am trying to steer clear of new purchases. I may crack though.....

      Delete
  5. Superb! Must be a wonderful looking force.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I hope to get some photos of the entire force over the next few weeks

      Delete