Wednesday 22 January 2020

From TeemuL: Chaos Space Marines (35 points)

Like I mentioned earlier, I'm participating (and partly organizing) a Kill Team Campaign. I painted some Primarii as backup, but my real intention is to play using these renegade Chaos Space Marines from Magma Hounds chapter. It is a real chapter, mentioned in the official fluff, they are renegades for no particular god of chaos and they look good in their purple and gold. So an easy choice, once I found them. I didn't pay too much attention to the sources, so I might have misunderstood or forgotten something. Take a look by yourself: https://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Magma_Hounds


These are all metal Chaos Space Marines from the past with plastic arms, backpacks etc. I didn't have enough points for 100 point team, so I had to take four Chaos Cultists for my first game with them yesterday. Newly painted model syndrome looked rather bad, when I asked some gifts for my zealot at the beginning in the first round - he was called to her gods immediately. Shortly after one of by Chaos Cultists got a flesh wound, but after that it went perfect. I shot and beat 3 Primarii to death, 1 shaken and 1 prisoner. No additional damage to my team, so I won.


The paint job is my usual little bit of everything. There's some traditional paints, mainly the purple. Metal paint for the gold trims. Contrast paints for the guns and claws (chainswords in our game). Drybrushing the claws. Purple wash over purple and gold. Free hand chapter icons (black dog skull on fire, but the fire is not showing very well against golden background).

One not-that-bad chapter symbol
I took one photo from different angle, or I thought I did. But it was accidentally a video, and thus no good for the blog. But I hope these will satisfy you.

Pointswise, that's 6 about 28mm models, so total of 30 points. They are old, so rather small compared to the current range, but in a heroic way they are much bigger that 28mm usually are, so might be worth and extra point here and there.

P.S. In case you missed a comment from Barks on my last entry, Chestbridge's head is never explained in the Danger 5 show...

------
By Paul:  I'm playing a bit of Kill Team myself and your CSM are doing way better than mine - I am getting very used to ignominious defeat...

Classic old school Chaos Marines you've done proud Teemu. Good to see these golden oldies getting onto the table to promote their Dark Powers! 

From the Warp you are blessed with 30 points for the figs, plus 5 bonus points for hand painted chapter icons and old school model coolness.

8 comments:

  1. What a great, riotous bunch of Chaos Marines. Well done Teemu!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! Although 40K has never been my thing they look like great old models(?).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, they are old. Metal, of some sort. The front row left guy is probably a Rogue Trader era, others are more recent. But there are some conversions, the demon hands for example and the icon is from Fantasy range I guess.

      Delete
  3. Nice work Teemu. Too bad geography won’t let you put these on table vs Barks pink stone fortress hordes, that would be a riot of colour.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are some old metal classic figures! Nice work Teemu.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely old school chaos marines!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete