Wednesday 22 January 2020

From: SanderS - The Lord Cypher for Burch's Bluff (40 points)

Hoi,

The journey inland continues as I try to find my way to Burch's Bluff. This was a poser to me as I know next to nothing about 30K, nor am I particularly interested in said period. But perhaps as I am a Dark Angels player that's only understandable...


Well to get to the point: I was fearing I'd have to go and buy some stuff to get this locale on the map. Until my eye fell on a little guy standing based, coated and ready for paint on my table: The Lord Cypher. If any Dark Angels related character is 30K then surely he must be!?





So when I was at school my eye fell on the showcase in my classroom, in there are quite a lot of miniatures: Hannibal's Army in 1:72 as well as 1914 Germans and Old Contemptibles and a series of Space Marines of several chapters I have painted up years ago. Among them was a Space Marine in really old armour which I think could be Crusade armour worn in the days of 30K so he was quickly given a new coat of paint to resemble a Fallen Angel to accompany Cypher.





These chaps are now awaiting entry in one of the skirmish (Inquisimunda/ Kill team?) games in the future in my cabinet. But whether they're really 30K is up to the Powers that Be to decide. If so, these two chaps should net me a nice 40 points in all with two 28mm figures at 10 and the bonus for Burch's Bluff at 30 points.



Cheers Sander
---------
By Paul
Lovely old GW sculpts and that Crusader Marine is the bomb - I love those old models, they just drip character.  Naturally these figures count as 30k themed too! 

Thus, you have conquered Birch's Bluff with 2 figures for a total of 40 point - nice work Sander!

14 comments:

  1. Awesome! Love seeing that venerable MkIII power armour. Well done Sander!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes that's right...it almost convinced me to start a new project. Almost...

      Delete
  2. Nice work Sander- like the freehand on the armour

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it was a pain in the bum for sure...

      Delete
  3. I don’t know my 30k from my backside, but nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done Sander - a true classic for 30k, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Coming from you that means a lot! Most people choose to paint Cypher in green armour, the Dark Angels wore black way back in 30K. So that's why I have painted him in black.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely looking pair of marines!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete