Monday 24 January 2022

AdamC Two Spanish Ships of the Line (30 points)

These two ships are from Warlord's Spanish Ships of Renown.  I have come to think of this as the Trafalgar collection as participation in that battle that seems to be key criteria.

The two ships are Argonauta and Monarca. Both were built in the 1790s after the American Revolution. The only major Battles they took part in seem to be those of the Trafalgar campaign.

Argonauta with her bull or perhaps Minotaur (it has sixpack abs) figure head sports the Spanish "team" colors suggested by Warlord. The paint scheme looks great but is historically somewhat questionable. 
Still rule of cool so this 80 gun ship has this striking paint job. 
Monarca a 74 has a figured head of a noble woman (perhaps a queen).  The long broad yellow line actually appears in a painting of her at the Battle of Trafalgar so it was an easy choice.

The color choice will also work whelk when I swap her flag to bulk up a French or English fleet. 

3rd rates fall between three deckers 25 points, and Frigates 15 points so I would suggest 20 each points for these so 40 points overall. I had bigger plans this week but with Covid hitting our house this is all I was able to get done. Back to conquering planets next week (I hope). 


Best wishes dealing with COVID Adam, I pretty much lost two weeks to it .  I am glad that you got these two fine Spanish Men'o'War completed/  Nice work on these two, really like the stern galleries.  I completely agree with your scoring and am very surprised that there wasn't an existing score on this one before.  Must talk to Miles...

Bad news Adam, I checked with the SSOD and 3rd Rates are 15 points each.

18 comments:

  1. Nice ships, best wishes re Covid

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks we are hanging in there. Still running a fever.

      Delete
  2. Thanks Peter. It may be there was some ruling but I didn't find but in my notes... There was adjust accordingly

    ReplyDelete
  3. A man after my own heart. My Spaniards salute you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Spanish make pretty ships. This is a side project the French are my main fleet but support from an allied fleet is welcome.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful looking tall ships. Well done Adam.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these ships of the line, Adam. I’ve been tempted myself by the 3D files Henry Turner does, very tempting.
    Hope you and yours are better soon.
    Cheers, MikeP

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good brushwork again. I hope covid situation gets better, so we can see more of these.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice models, I have a couple of Warlord vessels queued up on my workbench for a later post!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great looking Spanish ships of the line!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete