Wednesday 19 January 2022

From BruceR - Companie of the Silver Bayonet, Heros of Glorantha, German AT (95 points)

Here is my final unit for The Silver Bayonet.  Le French.  Again, I really enjoy these miniatures and hope we can play a few games and if not, I will work them into my Sharp Practice games.  I really enjoyed the Heavy Cavalry trooper, the Old Guard (love the pipe), and the Sapper (eye patch), dang I liked them all. Great Stuff.  

Here is the whole group, used the females earlier so will not points those figures.  This group of Heros (Glorantha) travel across Europe investigating the supernatural happening on behalf of the Emperor Napoleon.  




Officer

Veteran Hunter

Grenadier

Sapper

Heavy Cavalry Trooper

Supernatural Investigator


The three units, Spanish, British, French, came in a prerelease package that included a veteran hunter and a ghoul.  I managed to complete these as well.

Veteran Hunter




Ghoul





On to another era.  I got together last week with a couple of gaming buddies, and we played a WW2 Bolt Action scenario from WSS magazine.  A great scenario depicting the allies (US as we didn't have Canadians) trying to clear the Germans from their festung of the area around Dunkirk.  The allies had a troop of tanks, with the Germans using hidden setup and loaded with panzer Faust.  The Germans were to have a Pak 38, I looked up and there was a Rubicon box teetering on the pile of shame.  So, get the glue, get the airbrush, I couldn't finish the crew so used extra spotters as crew (when you are in retreat everybody is a front liner).  

So, after we played, I tried to glue the crew together from Rubicon, and being a mostly lead/metal fan (age) I put them aside and pulled out a bag of Empress Miniatures of a Pak 40 with crew in smocks.  I painted these three plus gun and figure I will only use one gun at a time and can shift the crew.  Or draft spotters again.  I did attempt to follow the guidance of Moiterei from his blog in painting the autumn smocks, happy with mine, but no comparison to his. 

Empress Pak 40 on the left and Rubicon Pak 38 on the right.





I did paint the helmets as Herr, figuring they were in support and given smocks to help hide their very helpful AT guns.


  

11 x 25mm foot = 55 pts
Glorantha = 20 pts
2 25mm AT guns = 20
Total = 95 pts

***
Very nice work Bruce. Painting any sort of German camouflage from WW2 is a total brain melter, so I think you have some excellent results here. Also quite enjoy the character of those Napoleonic figures - may favourite is the heavy cavalry trooper. Those fellows look scary even when dismounted!

GregB

16 comments:

  1. That Silver Bayonet group looks really nice, great brushwork!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work Bruce. Nothing like an upcoming game to get one painting is there? Really like those Nappies

    ReplyDelete
  3. The finale of your Silver Bayonet project did not disappoint!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Bruce:
    Your brushwork is of a very high quality, it's astonishing that you just casually knocked off that PAK and team, and the SB figures are lovely, full of character. It amuses me that in the SB universe, the atheist Directory (or Emperor) got over its abhorrence of religion and issued crosses to everyone! :)
    Well done.
    Cheers, MikeP

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great project and great painting work

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job on those! That Pak40 should handle that ghoul, no problem.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely looking Napoleonic ghostbusters and excellent artillery!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh, I like those SB heroes, especially that sapper.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I do like rhe Silver Bayonet figures, just wish they sold them separately?
    The guns look pretty awesome too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very colourful Silver Bayonet figures. The German ATG’s look suitably menacing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. These have turned out great, especially like the Silver Bayonet stuff

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very well done! I especially like the Grenadier with the pipe stuck in his mouth.
    Also glad my colour guide was of some use to you. Very well done on your take on the camo. Also very well done on the helmet decals. I do hope you don’t mind me nit picking though? Your helmet insignia are Wehrmacht, while the smocks are SS… not a completely unlikely combination mind, but rather uncommon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not nit picking, you are very right. I prefer helmet covers, thus not having to paint SS insignia. So I indicated they are Wehrmacht OPCON to the SS for AT support. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. Cheers.

      Delete
  13. Great fun, I particularly like the facemasked hunter.

    ReplyDelete