Wednesday 19 January 2022

From PaulSS: 14th Virginia Infantry Regiment - (123 points)

Another regiment of infantry musters for the Confederates with the 14th Virginia Infantry Regiment advancing to the fore.

All the figures are from the Perry Miniatures American Civil War Confederate Infantry 1861-65 set, the troops this time assembled in right shoulder shift. 

The pair of standards are from Flags of War, I'll likely go back and redo the pair of units I did earlier in the challenge now that I have a stash.


Some close ups of the individual bases.



I also finished off the last few Confederate infantry figures I had, creating a command stand that will be the foundation of a Mississippi regiment at a later date.  


Twenty four 28mm foot figures with three standards should add 123 points to the board for me.

American Civil War Duel Totalizer: 69 foot (412pts)

Napoleonic Duel Totalizer: 8 foot, 2 mounted (100pts)


***

Impressive painting as always Paul - smooth blending, clean lines, and an incredible rate of production. I am also impressed by the appearance density you achieve with three 28mm figures on the base. What size of base do you use for this project? Might be an idea I need to steal for my Franco-Prussian War figures...

GregB

27 comments:

  1. Another well-painted regiment, Paul! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @GregB Thank you.
    The bases are 40x40 and 80x40 2mm mdf from Warbases. Sometimes, but rarely, I put 7 figures on the 80 x40's

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are fabulous rebs, Paul. The Perrys paint up well - that's a box set I don't have and should! Very well painted and that backdrop makes it look like they're marching through the Valley.
    My late wife was a Mississippi girl and I have a soft spot for that poor, benighted state and more than a few MS regiments in my own collection.
    Cheers,
    Mike P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mike
      Mrs Scrivs did the backdrop for me.

      Delete
  4. Very clean and smooth painting here, well done Paul!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely looks bunch of Rebel Scum

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great looking bunch of rebels!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  7. A really nice looking body of men you have there Paul.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Excellent work. How are you getting so much done without being on this side of the pond in the deep freeze. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bruce, I reckon I get out more in the deep freeze, at least you can just layer up.
      I had forgotten just how damp the UK is!

      Delete
  9. These again look very good. I love the range of colours you have uses, while still retaining a somewhat uniform look. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it's mainly Vallejo Luftwaffe Uniform that's holding them together.

      Delete
  10. More excellent additions to your ACW collection!

    ReplyDelete