Thursday 27 January 2022

From HowardT: Later Achaemenid Persian 1/72 20mm (188 points)




Slower Progress through January.  Working with 1/72 plastic figures for this half of the Achaemenid army.  This submission includes Takabara, skirmish bow/sling,  Cavalry, Light Cavalry and Horde. Scale 20 mm. 


All HAT plastic figures.


Points breakdown:


Takabara,  four stands of 3 figures each.        Points = 4 x 12 = 48.

Skirmishers, four stands  of 2 figures each.    Points = 4 x  8 = 32.

Horde, one stand of 7 figures.                         Points = 4 x  7 = 28.

Light Cavalry,  two stands of 2 figures each.   Points = 8 x 4 = 32.

Cavalry, two stands of 3 figures each.            Points = 8 x 6 = 48.


Total of points is  (48+32+28+32+48) = 188 points.

 



Based for DBA, 13 Stands of Achaemenid Persians of Darius III, 330BC ish.



Right side profile.


Front profile.


 

These HäT models hold up well. I like the bright colours and the conservative basing.

Barks

May I implore the tardy Thursdayites- Howard, Dallas, Dave- to submit your draft posts before Saskatchatchatchewan Thursday, or else there's a risk it won't go up for a week.

21 comments:

  1. Hoi Howard, what a great and colourful bunch! You have done these oldies proud, as a HäT fanboy I really like these! You might also want to share a link to this post on the unofficial HäT facebooksite I am sure the people there will appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sander. I will have a look at the HaT site.

      Delete
  2. As sander says - nice and colourful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I do struggle with he colour schemes.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you TamsinP. I feel like a fraud having already reached my target in January. I will now better for next year. Thank you for your posting instructions. I am still struggling with the process.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you. Still have trouble with free handing the fine details.

      Delete
  5. Always good to see more 1/72 plastics on the game table!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 1/72 is challenging. Particularly Airfix.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Always learning. I always see where i have to make improvements.

      Delete
  7. Beautiful!! I love those bright colours!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you the bright colours lift the figures out of the grey/brown bases.

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. I have the 1/72 Zvezda Early Persians to do also. Not in this cycle however.

      Delete
  9. Nice and vibrant colours. It always strikes me how these 1/72 figures often have very lifelike proportions. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you. I am not so sure about the proportions because, face on, the foot seem a bit skinny.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Colourful and gallant. Between you and Ben it’s nice to see Persians getting some love!
    Cheers, MikeP

    ReplyDelete