Wednesday 20 March 2019

From DavidB: One Tired troop! (25 points)


I had to put away my brushes as my eyes are a bit too tired to continue after being up AGAIN at 0230 for work. I have enjoyed this round as much as the past ones. I'd only wish for more time and even moreso the ability to visit the blog without the work and military filters that loathe blogspot!


I do have a wishlist including a better camera as the Reaper gnoll is a bit washed out where all the colors of his coat and armor are much lively-er than I captured here.


Still, he is impressive and I'll have to check the Osprey booth for some minions for him to lead.
I used extensive weathering to rust and corrode his equipment. I bought him from clearance when I found the "heliocoptor" orc. he is a hefty chunk of lead too!


The Imperial assasins also suffer from a loss of hues and I was quite proud of the blue and grey highlights on the bodysuits. These are going to add some decent support to the guardsmen forces.
An psycher hunter and morph. I haven't used either before, but I've plans for the wizard hunter.


At least the indicator lights on the backpacks remain!


The sniper and the beserker I have used before in the older metal forms.


Excellent for hunting opposing characters and nullifying elites. All four came from the Execution Force game. My son is looking forward to trying it out soon as the chaos marines and cultists were painted last year.


I had planned on finishing these, but a few paint splatters and a flipped pallet have convinced me to seek some rest.


I'll finish em up before military training resumes and I've gotten some rest. I still have to paint mantic Star Saga before Adepticon next week too...don't know where the time went?!
Thank you all for the great eyecandy in my emailbox, I'll be catching up later. An extra thanks to Robert for the French fried -er- French-ified Friday.

_____________________________________________

Brushing to exhausted, paint-spattered unconsciousness? Brilliant! I consider my mission accomplished here. :)

Well done David! While I quite like the four assassins I must say my favourite of this group is that nasty armoured gnoll. What a cool looking mini and a great paintjob to boot. I particularly like how you rendered his face and jaws. Nasty, but in a good way. 

Have a great time at Adepticon David and remember to post us a mob shot of yourself and your toys in a few days.

- Curt

5 comments: